1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL training camp news & notes thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like one has been started, so I'll begin ...

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with Glenn Dorsey:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3506135

I could be wrong, but I think this guy is going to be a stud from Day 1. He was the best player on the field every time I saw him play last year.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

McCarthy makes first comments re: Favre, saying again the Rogers is the starting QB.
    I'll be happy when this talk is over.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Then you might want to sign up for a 6-week Paxil prescription

4. The Steelers have Mendehall and Sweed in camp when players move in Sunday.
    Baseball season is officially over Monday. ;D

One of the P-G folks, maybe Ed Bouchette?, told Stan Savran on Sportsbeat this week, Willie Parker will be out of town in two years, becasue the Steelers didn't sign Mendenhall to be a backup.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure that is what they are hoping for. Given the workload Parker has carried the last couple of seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he is toast by then anyway.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Agree Steak Snabler on Dorsey. Undoubtedly the best defensive player in the country last season, despite the fact that he played half the season on a bad leg.

With Dorsey and Derrick Johnson, I think the Chiefs have the two best college defenders in the past five years. We'll see if that means anything in the NFL.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Chiefs had one of the best drafts in the league. They snatched five or six guys who could step in and contribute from day one. It's going to be a rebuilding year, but there's definitely a promising future in place for KC. But I dunno about Croyle.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

You and everyone else w/o the last name Croyle.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I do. The Chiefs don't have a prayer in hell with him.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, but unless there's a review of each and every training camp food service, this thread is worthless...

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Croyle most likely isn't the answer, but I'd like to see what he can do over an extended period of time. It's not like the Chiefs have anybody else.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

The I-AA "I didn't do shit until I was a senior" QB and Damon "I'm 49" Huard" disagree.

Draft saved Draft deleted