1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL thread 10/22

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Same here, but I'm going to let it rest. All points duly noted.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Awww...this has been two days of good entertainment!

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Ab-so-lutely.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The Emanuel ball CLEARLY hit the ground as he finished the catch.

It is SINCE then that the NFL has made fools of itself be allowing balls touching the ground to not summarily be ruled incomplete.

Fix?

What is your excuse for Tampa Bay making it three years later instead of the huge-market Eagles?

This fix crapola is WAY below your normal pay grade, BYH.

5. outofplace

Potential Fanboy rant warning.

Ok, maybe I missed it, but where is the fine from the NFL for the Falcons' hit on Ben Roethlisberger Sunday? No penalty and no fine for a helmet-to-helmet shot on a quarterback? Not to mention the officials completely missing the late hit to his legs, which they are supposed to be calling more tightly after Carson Palmer's injury last year.

The lack of consistency the NFL shows in terms of who gets fined and who does not is amazing.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

The NFL never called it a helmet-to-helmet hit as I recall. The only ones calling it that were the Steelers.

7. outofplace

The defender who hit him straight on lowered his head and used it to hit Roethlisberger in the facemask, which is part of the helmet. Using the crown of your helmet that way is illegal, moreso if it is for a blow to the head.

I don't think it was intentionally dirty. I just think it should have been a penalty at the time and the lack of a fine or statement from the league later shows a lack of consistency in the enforcement of the rules.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Bucs weren't setting offense back 100 years in 2002. And Gruden's current team vs. his old team? A delicious Super Bowl storyline.

Draft saved Draft deleted