1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Nope and I'm not making excuses. I'm saying that it's stupid to blindly rip the guy without having any proof. But you go ahead, Woodward, and work the locker room; get the team to rip him. You ace reporter, you.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

When was the last time New England "rolled" over anyone?

I guess.... the Steelers? But they were in the freefall that lasted the rest of their season.

The Patriots will have a huge weight of history on them, while I think the NFC team will be able to play a little looser.

If Patriots win, it is by less than 10 points.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Favre can more improvisational plays which could give the Pats trouble.

4. Simon_Cowbell

He'd be able to fill up a story with anonymous quotes.

5. Simon_Cowbell

The Pack is healthier, and has the better running back.... as much as I like Brandon Jacobs.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And will that cast doubt on the GOAT talk? Several 15-1 teams absolutely curbstomped their opponents, especially in the playoffs and Super Bowl, but were caught flat-footed in one regular-season game. The Pats haven't dominated anyone in about two months.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Maybe. Or maybe Tomlinson's really hurt, didn't quit on his team and really couldn't play.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Howie Long to Brett Favre: "We can bleep that out."

Am I the only one who thought the cutaway to Howie for that line was unnecessary and typical of Fox apparently wanting its announcers to always be the story?

9. Dignan

Dignan Guest

So you wouldn't even ask the question. What fucking paper do you work for?

You really should remove your hockey avatar, because I'm pretty sure none of those guys would sit out a championship game because of a hyperextended knee.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think a close win hurts the Pats. 19-0 is 19-0. Certainly, there will be debate if the 2007 Pats could hang with the 1985 Bears or the Cowboys of the 90s or the 80s Niners.

11. Simon_Cowbell

No.

If they win by a point, or a safety in triple overtime, they will hold that distinction without a sane argument against it.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Are you fucking stupid? Where in the fuck did I say I wouldn't ask the question. God, you're an idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.