1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chef

Chef Active Member

All apologies if there is already one of these. I looked and didn't see one.

WAS @ SEA- It's gonna be ugly x 2 in the land of the SeaChickens. First of all......it's WAS @ SEA. Second of all.....rain, rain, snow, and a chance of a little more rain.

prediction; SEA; 5-3

JAX @ PIT- Did Fred Taylor and the rest of his pigmes actually think bitching about the "field" at Heinz Field would make the Steelers say, "Hey.....he's right.....let's put some nice, fresh sod down for them?"

Wrong.

Gonna be raining tonight in PIT. 5:3 says that field looks like something out of Woodstock.

prediction; PIT; 17-13

SUNDAY;

NYG @ TB

If the Giants go down Sunday, so does Coughlin.

Period.

TB; 17-13

TEN @ SD

Rain as well.

I think CLE @ SD would have been a much better game. The Titans don't have the horses to keep up with SD.

SD; 38-24

2. Nice Woodstock refference. :)

Pittsburgh is picking up some media momentum aftre getting hammered for most of the week, deservedly so, with the way they've played recently and the injurries to Aaron Smith and Willie Parker. That being said, I'm buying into the momentum.

Predictions
    Seattle big
    Steelers on a late field goal
    Giants by 10
    San Diego in the blowout of the weekend, honestly, does anyone think Tennessee's defense can make up for the putrid offense?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who cares? None of the playoff teams can beat the Pats. Just give 'em the trophy and be done with it.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So you're saying we should crown them?

5. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

You sound like spnited. I'll let you decide if that's a good thing.

Also, Kurt Warner and the Rams would like a word with you, re: sure things. As would the Minnesota Vikings and Gary Anderson.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My predictions:

Seattle, 20-10
    Jacksonville, 24-17
    New York, 27-24
    San Deigo, 34-17

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm saying the 2007-08 NFL playoffs is an irrelevant tournament, a complete waste of time.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Seattle wins something like 23-16. Good kickers, good Wash defense will keep Hasselbeck out of the end zone for the most part while he rolls up 300+ yds. Todd Collins can't get it done.

Steelers win by scoring in the 30s, shocking the world. Everyone remembers Jax running wild in the last meeting and forgets that Steelers tied the game in fourth quarter. Jax scored a TD late to win. This time Big Ben starts throwing sooner; Jax pass defense was only middle of the pack.

G-men beat TB in a game between two teams no one trusts. Gotta have at least one upset, and this qualifies. And it will be more decisive than anyone expects. NYG played in tough division where all teams were .500 or better; TB played in lousy division and won fewer games than NYG. TB will get about 19 pts, G-men at least 28.

SD destroys Tenn, which will have trouble scoring a TD. Something like 34-6.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Then don't watch. And don't post on any NFL playoff threads. No one here is interested in a repeat performance of your meltdowns on MLB threads.

10. Redskins over Seahawks 23-16 (Alexander is a shell of his formerself)

Steelers over Jaguars 27-17 (Big Ben becomes his idol, John Elway)

Giants over Bucs 28-13 (Eli finally captures NY)

Chargers over Titans 34-6 (LT goes wild)

----
    2nd Round matchups
    Patriots vs Steelers = Patriots
    Colts vs Chargers = Chargers
    Cowboys vs Redskins = Cowboys
    Packers vs Giants = Packers

AFC Game:
    Patriots vs Chargers = Chargers

NFC Game:
    Cowboys vs Packers = Packers

Superbowl
    Chargers vs Packers = Packers