1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe this is why Stallworth is getting absolutely no interest.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16835778.htm

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Wes Welker yields a 2 and a 7.

WOW.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Giants have done nothing but clear cap space and roster spots & resign O'Hara. It's like they were preparing to sign some free agents, then forgot to pick up the phone.
    WTF is going in the Meadowlands?

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe they're not doing anything b/c they're free agents from last year blew nuts (see Madison, Sam and Arrington, Lavar).

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought a different GM than the guy who blew nuts last year, would have a better handle on how to succeed this year. Given the holes in their roster, doing nothing, while an option, doesn't appear to be prudent or successful one.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Great deal for the Dolphins.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the GM. I don't know about these lameduck GMs. Look what that guy did in Houston. He drafted Williams instead of Bush or Young. Not good unless Williams turns out to be better than White or LT and that ain't happening. As far as holes on the Giants D and O....fine by me. I'm an Eagles' fan ;D

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

You're right on about that one. So now that they have Welker why are the Pats linked to Randy Moss? If he's a Belechick guy who isn't?

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

They would have had to give up the 2 to sign him as a restricted free agent. Making the trade and throwing in the 7 saved them from making a more lucrative offer because they didn't have to worry aobut outbidding anyone.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Also true, but in reality I doubt that would have had to make it too crazy. I mean the Dolphins weren't going to match it regardless b/c they needed that money to throw at 32-year-old Joey Porter.

Draft saved Draft deleted