1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The NFL Network is leading every news hour with Favre, even when there's really nothing fresh or striking.

You simply cannot get away from this shit, not for one day.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. A good receiver, especially blocking, where he and Hines Ward were always the best. But there's going to be a line of receivers with better credentials.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I get that, and my guess is that he doesn't get in. Like pretty much every other Bronco ever.

I've quit trying to figure out how a team that made five Super Bowls in 22 years could have a grand total of 2 guys in the HOF.

It's tough to find a Bronco in Canton

/story pre-Zimmerman

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Gradishar should be there instead of Tippett next weekend, and the vote shouldn't have been close.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Other than maybe Gradishar, who should be in that isn't?

I think this argument has come up before. Team success just doesn't guarantee a certain number of Hall of Fame spots. It doesn't work that way.

Sometimes, players are great for a short enough windown to help their team win a championship or two, but don't have the longevity for a Hall of Fame career (See Terrell Davis)

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I might argue for Atwater, but it's tough to get ANY safety elected. Of the nine currently enshrined -- including Ronnie Lott and Mel Renfro, who starred at both CB and S -- Lott is the only one whose career ended after 1980.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I saw Atwater a lot during his career. There are offensive tackles who could have gotten open against him. Fantastic hitter and run defender who developed a knack for big plays down the field, but even compared to contemporaries at safety he was a liability in coverage.

Very good player. No doubt. Not a Hall of Famer.

Draft saved Draft deleted