1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Jan 6, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Re: Running NFL Draft thread -- why wait?

Not unless Stephen A. Smith's going to be there.

2. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

So that's a yes?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Is he bringing the Cheez Doodles or is that up to me?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He better not, or all the good he's done the past three years will quickly come undone.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What's up with Glenn Dorsey's lower-back problems.... that might scare the shit out of me if I'm the Dolphins.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Aren't they doing the first round at night this year? Jerks!

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Friday night, I believe.

8. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Is it just me, or does it seem like this year's draft has the makings of a dud in terms of the early round?
    Beyond McFadden, who still might not commit, and I guess Brennan, although his stock has gotten to have fallen after his poor Sugar Bowl performance, it doesn't seem like there are too many "Calvin Johnson" or "Vince Young" types this year.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'd be surprised if the Dolphins kept that first overall pick, especially now that Parcells is on board (he traded the 1st pick in '97 with the Jets) and the mess that the team is in.

There's no obvious number one player this year. Dorsey's excellent, but they could trade down to a team who's thinking McFadden is the next Adrian Peterson, grab a few more picks in the process, and still snag Sedrick Ellis from USC who's going to be a great pro as well.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Probably all they hit that day ...

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I could seriously see the Patriots trading up for it. They have a lot of aging defenders on that team, and they might decide winning another Super Bowl gives them the credence to start getting some more big-time players.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Can't see it. The Pats are already No. 2 in NFL payrolls at $117 million -- the Redskins lead at $123 million -- and have marquee players like Randy Moss and Asante Samuel hitting the market. If they resign one, they're probably not going to want to make another big signing. And I'm not sure they would pay a bounty to a team within their own decision for one guy when this team is already built to win now.

Draft saved Draft deleted