1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Quite right.

or

quiet riot.

2. Captain_Kirk

Well played.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's part and parcel of the downfall of American civilization. Not that it's falling, per se. But the the height from which it falls is disproportionate to its relative importance.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

'yab, quit littering the draft thread. Stick to what you're good at -- bad grammar and racism.

5. Captain_Kirk

It will definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out for the Rams, Eagles, Browns and Titans over the next 5, maybe 10 years. These 2 QBs hardly seem like can't miss types, where if they flame out, the Eagles and Rams are likely to be door mats for a while--a nice welcome to LA for new and old Rams fans. On the flip side, what if the Titans and Browns parlay these picks to where they're facing off in the playoffs year after year.

A worst-best case scenario for sure, but not an out of the realm possibility by any means.

Except it is the Browns.

6. Mr. Sunshine

On a related note, the 49ers have the most picks. Baalke needs a good draft to keep his job.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Boston will be a fine test case of Heyabbott's hypothesis. The Celtics have an elimination playoff game tonight and the Pats have no first round pick. If the draft ratings here are strong, the league can go on counting its money in perfect serenity.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I laughed ...

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

oop beat me to it. Think the Chargers go Ramsey.

You seem like a good dude.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If I was making the pick for the Chargers, I'd probably go Tunsil. I just saw defenders getting in Rivers' face much too quickly much too often last year, and he needs some protection. Some draft commentators are saying the Bolts might actually go with Ronnie Stanley instead, but I don't see that.

I would be happy with Ramsey or DeForest Buckner, however. Actually, I wouldn't mind the Chargers trading down if they find a partner; get an extra draft pick or two, and their choice might become a little easier to make when it gets down to them.

11. Mr. Sunshine

I could see that happening because the draft is top heavy with OL. Someone in love with Ramsey could jump up to 3 and the Chargers could still get Stanley or Conklin.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think that's true. He has Jed pretty snowed.

He won't draft well, though, that much we can be sure of.

Draft saved Draft deleted