1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Conference Championships Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Any chance that the collateral damage pretty much wipes out Pennsyltucky?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Correct. So the Steelers have done it twice to an AFC North rival -- albeit the same one -- since the 1994 season.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, if the Cardinals don't make it as a first-time team, at least we'll have a first-time SB-winning coach.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Think of it this way, that '94 Browns team is the same franchise as the '08 Ravens.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

He did. IN TAMPA. WHERE HE PISSED IT AWAY YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Cross-threading here from your earlier rants about Fisher: Has Jeff Fisher ever had the talent Dungy's had on EITHER side of the ball? That Dungy had one of the five best defenses of the last 30 years in Tampa as well as MULTIPLE Hall of Famers on offense in Indy and has one ring to show for it should end any discussion about how much Dungy sucks in the postseason.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

He BUILT THAT TEAM IN TAMPA -- what were they like before that? And the year they nearly upset the Rams and he nearly pulled it off with a horrible offense.

There is one year when Dungy had the best team and did not win the Super Bowl -- one year exactly.

As for Hall of Famers in Indy? Well let's see Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning -- wow he has two. And just stop if you are going to start putting Reggie Wayne and Dwigt Clark and Bob Saturday in the Hall of Fame because you are being ridiculous. I'm sure Fisher has had two to work with in his career.

Fisher had the best team this year and couldn't win at home against a one-dimensional team. Fisher had the best team the year the Ravens one the Super Bowl and well, ditto.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

JUST BECAUSE THE TITANS HAD THE BEST RECORD DOESN'T MEAN THEY WERE THE BEST TEAM. THE COLTS WON NINE GAMES IN A ROWN ENTERING THE PLAYOFFS, BUT THEY SUCKED. THE ONLY REASON THEY WERE EVEN IN THE PLAYOFFS IS BECAUSE TONY DUNGY IS THE TIME TEBOW OF NFL HEAD COACHES. JUST TYPING HIS NAME MAKES ME A BETTER PERSON.

Name them.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You're as clueless about football as you are about politics. The Ravens led the AFC in rushing this year (but, but, but ... THAT'S DIFFERENT!) and if you watched more than two games Flacco played all season before the playoffs, I'll eat my hat.

If given the choice been Flacco and Eli Manning over the next 10 years, I'd take Flacco in a heartbeat. Career journeymen don't complete 60 percent of their throws in their rookie season and win two playoff games.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Eddie George and Steve McNair

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I think both are borderline at best, sc.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

...have as much of a chance of entering Canton without a ticket as I do.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Neither will make it.

Draft saved Draft deleted