1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Conference Championships Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 11, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

AFC

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers - 6:30 p.m. ET, CBS (Sunday, January 18th)

NFC

Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals - 3:00 p.m. ET, FOX (Sunday, January 18th)

The Ravens/Steelers game is bound to be a classic, smash-mouth football game between two division foes. Seven points was the total score difference in both of their regular season games against one another. Should be a great game.

The Eagles/Cardinals game should be an interesting one, especially if Anquan Boldin is healthy enough to play. Both McNabb and Warner love to throw the ball so that'll make for a fun game to watch.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ken Whisenhunt versus the team who wouldn't hire him for the Super Bowl.

Should be a wonderful two weeks of hype -- followed by a blow-out win by the Steelers as they become the first team to No. 6......

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Watch the line move when the health of McClain and Suggs starts to clear up.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Looking forward to the Eagles-Cards. The other game, not so much.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I can't even venture a guess as to who will win either of these games. If the Eagles were at home, I'd say they roll. But the Cardinals are a much better team at home, and they're playing lights out on both sides of the ball. I suppose it comes down to the Eagles offense vs. the Cardinals defense. I can see McNabb falling apart, but I wonder if the Arizona defense can string together three straight good games.

In the AFC, that game will likely be unwatchable. No offense and a bunch of loud-mouth jackasses acting like every tackle redefines the game of football.

Interestingly, both underdogs are playing against teams with significant title-game failures under their belts.

Whatever happens, I hope the NFC wins the Super Bowl in three weeks. Unfortunately, that seems to be the least safe bet going forward.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

... and Seachickens fans will whine incessantly that it should only be No. 5 ...

7. zagoshe

The Ravens have no prayer of winning this game, not with a future journeyman at quarterback, a mediocre running game and a middle linebacker who is 91 years old.

Steelers 24 Ravens 6

As for the second game the Eagles fascination with the short pass game and total lack of interest in the run game will haunt them and they will lose -- Cardinals 24 Eagles 13

8. pallister

pallister Guest

There's no guarantee Flacco will be a good NFL QB, but give the kid some credit and a chance to develop. The "future journeyman" tag is a little premature. He's already won two more playoff games as a rookie than Peyton Manning has since 2006. That also means rookie coach John Harbaugh has two more wins this year than ... well, you know.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree on Flacco. He has shown potential this year. He really doesn't have much to throw to outside of Mason and he has had to make a major adjustment from playing in a spread at Delaware to the NFL. Give him time.

10. zagoshe

Give you know who a defense like the Ravens and he'd have about five rings by now.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The Cardinals are claiming the NFC game sold out in six minutes.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'd believe it.

Draft saved Draft deleted