1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Conference Championships Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 11, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

AFC

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers - 6:30 p.m. ET, CBS (Sunday, January 18th)

NFC

Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals - 3:00 p.m. ET, FOX (Sunday, January 18th)

The Ravens/Steelers game is bound to be a classic, smash-mouth football game between two division foes. Seven points was the total score difference in both of their regular season games against one another. Should be a great game.

The Eagles/Cardinals game should be an interesting one, especially if Anquan Boldin is healthy enough to play. Both McNabb and Warner love to throw the ball so that'll make for a fun game to watch.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ken Whisenhunt versus the team who wouldn't hire him for the Super Bowl.

Should be a wonderful two weeks of hype -- followed by a blow-out win by the Steelers as they become the first team to No. 6......

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Watch the line move when the health of McClain and Suggs starts to clear up.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Looking forward to the Eagles-Cards. The other game, not so much.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I can't even venture a guess as to who will win either of these games. If the Eagles were at home, I'd say they roll. But the Cardinals are a much better team at home, and they're playing lights out on both sides of the ball. I suppose it comes down to the Eagles offense vs. the Cardinals defense. I can see McNabb falling apart, but I wonder if the Arizona defense can string together three straight good games.

In the AFC, that game will likely be unwatchable. No offense and a bunch of loud-mouth jackasses acting like every tackle redefines the game of football.

Interestingly, both underdogs are playing against teams with significant title-game failures under their belts.

Whatever happens, I hope the NFC wins the Super Bowl in three weeks. Unfortunately, that seems to be the least safe bet going forward.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

... and Seachickens fans will whine incessantly that it should only be No. 5 ...

7. zagoshe

The Ravens have no prayer of winning this game, not with a future journeyman at quarterback, a mediocre running game and a middle linebacker who is 91 years old.

Steelers 24 Ravens 6

As for the second game the Eagles fascination with the short pass game and total lack of interest in the run game will haunt them and they will lose -- Cardinals 24 Eagles 13

8. pallister

pallister Guest

There's no guarantee Flacco will be a good NFL QB, but give the kid some credit and a chance to develop. The "future journeyman" tag is a little premature. He's already won two more playoff games as a rookie than Peyton Manning has since 2006. That also means rookie coach John Harbaugh has two more wins this year than ... well, you know.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree on Flacco. He has shown potential this year. He really doesn't have much to throw to outside of Mason and he has had to make a major adjustment from playing in a spread at Delaware to the NFL. Give him time.

10. zagoshe

Give you know who a defense like the Ravens and he'd have about five rings by now.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The Cardinals are claiming the NFC game sold out in six minutes.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'd believe it.

Draft saved Draft deleted