1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA men's tournament thread 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Bruiser Flint is looking for another hobo to kill tonight.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, because he is tall.

And let me get one more - I promise - thing I hate about the NCAA Tournament and Final Four in particular (if you've ever covered one) is "sweatsuit guy" - which is the inconsequential idiots who travel with teams (trainers, low level assitants, GA's, broadcaster, SID...) that all walk around wearing their official team sweat suits as if they are really important and a part of something.

I went to the Consol to watch some of the open practices today and there were sweatsuit guys all over town and all over the place and they all have this in common - they are nerds and nobody gives a shit about their sweat suits.......

3. zagoshe

And I see California is making sure those of us East of the Mississippi get to see just how bad the Pac 12 really was this year.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm a Pac-12 fan and the league was just brutal this year.

5. zagoshe

That being said, I can see South Florida is into its late game "let's try and blow a lead" routine with idiotic passes, bad shots and lazy defense.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Greg Oden is l
    o
    n
    g

or so I've heard.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was nice of Cal to finally show up at about the five minute mark of the second half ... after they were down 30.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Completely and totally disagree. He's not tall by NBA standards. He's long, though. His wingspan is enormous for a person of his height. It's one of his most important attributes. Calling Evans tall would just make people scratch their heads. He's average height for a shooting guard and bordering on short in the overall NBA context.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Today begins the greatest four-day weekend of the year

[​IMG]

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's funny. I used to think that, too, and maybe I'll find myself captivated by the end of the weekend, especially by the Saturday and Sunday games. But I have trouble getting into the first round these days. It used to feel like the most epic thing in the world to me when Valparaiso would beat Ole Miss or Creighton would beat Florida or Hampton would beat Iowa State. But the older I get, the more I realize that that shit happens every single year.

It makes me feel almost un-American, but I look forward to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight when it gets down to mostly chalk.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought it was a great call for CBS to interview Paul Hornung before Happy Hour began.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Communist!

I'm still all about it. A bunch of us used to take all four days off. We used to get up early, have a great lunch with mimosas to feel all classy and drink for the day games. We took a quick nap before the night games and started all over again.

Now people moved away or got day jobs and I'm the only one who can watch the whole four days. It kind of sucks, but at least Dr. J gets out at 6 p.m and has tomorrow off. I'll spend all day on Teh Twitter talking about nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted