1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA men's tournament thread 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 13, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The "true Tv" studio crew is so good. I don't care if Barkley doesn't watch a college game until March 11. He's the best.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't forget about upside. Especially the tremendous upside.

3. poindexter

The 96 is coming, with byes for the blue bloods. God forbid you have VCUs and Butlers and George Masons spoiling the party.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

For Zagoshe:

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/Screens.html

I did like the not-so-subtle dig on the towel-waving stiffs who never take off their warmups. They do other things as well, though, such as stretching out their arms to keep their fellow stiffs away from the court.

And no, players aren't long, unless we want to change the definition of long. You don't see a track and field athlete try to jump as high as possible for the long jump.

In the end, it all comes down to tenacity and upside. Everyone has a tremendous upside.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It's true. I mean, every time someone mentions one of those schools on TV, it gets bleeped out, and a few seconds later we get a new announcing team trying to talk over the sounds of the old team screaming in pain as they get dragged to Room 101. The highlights from last year were kinda odd too: for some reason Kentucky and UConn played both Final Four semifinals and the final, and the footage was really choppy and never showed them on the court at the same time, but what do I know about video editing? Also I like how the Kansas and Kentucky second teams got a 5 and 6 seed, respectively. Even moved them into a couple of made up towns called "Murray" and "Wichita" to ramp up the illusion. I'm impressed, I am.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Shaq is tall.

Kevin Durant is long.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Oh, and one more that grates me: (Player) has a real good basektball IQ.

So is he a dumb-ass everywhere else? And I'm waiting to hear them tell me some player has a shitty basketball IQ.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So Tyreke Evans is 6-5 with a 7-1 wingspan. Can we call him long?

And I think people deride, say, Monta Ellis for his basketball IQ on a regular basis. Broadcasters are generally positive, though.

9. poindexter

LaVale McGee

10. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Ricky Davis.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I hear coaches refer to length, they're talking about a guy with long arms and a wide wingspan who can affect things beyond what their height would suggest.

George Gervin wasn't especially tall (6-7, I believe), but he's the epitome of long to me.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but the few times I talked to Tyler Hansbrough I got the impression not much was going on in that head that wasn't basketball related.

Draft saved Draft deleted