1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA men's tournament thread 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 13, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hf605AqqR8vRjm3Ri0rnLVBiPHqg?docId=2698eb47dad843d1bc4d16465d387f23

2. Quakes

Quakes Guest

In all the years that the NCAA has foisted this play-in nonsense on us -- be it one game or a "First Four" -- has there ever been a good, well-played game? I don't just mean a close game. I certainly haven't seen them all, but they always seem to one-sided and/or ugly. (This one is merely ugly.) It's not the best advertisement for the tournament.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised that the president would make a public appearance with Cameron after all those anti-gay remarks.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That ...

[​IMG]

... is never late.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yeah, he was on Mike and Mike today talking about depth and something struck me funny about the whole interview. Actually, something has struck me funny since his lack of urgency since they lost to Cincy.

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't end here, and Syracuse has to forfeit more games going back to the first suspension.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That was a high-quality gack job by the Delta Devils.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Funny tweet: If Obama takes the leader of our closest ally to this game, where would he take the leader of our mortal enemy - A Pac-12 tournament game?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the East Coast media will fully investigate Syracuse with vigor.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Less than five minutes into Iona-BYU and it's up and down, no stopping. I feel like I'm watching Redlands and Grinnell. Well, back when Redlands played like that.

11. mb

mb Active Member

Especially with the way they let Penn State off the hook.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Iona is on pace to break the 100-point mark. By halftime. No but seriously, the Gaels are running roughshod. Much pilloried mid-major pick sent to the First Four that runs and presses. It's almost as though there's an analog to a team from last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted