1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA Men's D1 Basketball Championship Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Apr 7, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

affect/effect...

I will never get that straight.

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

And I still do NOT like Nantz's voice superimposed over the starting lineups.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Well, that was a hackneyed, cliche-ridden speech by Bill Self. If I had to guess based on that, I'd say the Tigers will win.

Seriously, I think he hit every cliche in the book. This is a night you'll always remember. We just have to be ourselves. Go out and have fun. I want to thank you in advance ... he knew the cameras would be there and all he could do was cut together a clips show of the worst pregame speeches he's ever heard? What is this, the 100th episode of Bill and (Jeremy) Case?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. And why do they have Nantz do the announcements? Did he tell the crowd "Hello Friends" before announcing the players?

5. bigpern23

I don't think it's superimposed. I think it's announced over the PA by Nantz-y pants himself.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

I just got 10 points and Memphis.

BWAA-HAA-HAA

They'll win outright, but still......

7. bigpern23

Sucks to be a burgeoning college hoops fan under 14. You can watch the entire tournament ... except, you know, the championship game.

9:22 EST. GET. ON. WITH. IT.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jim Nantz' combover is hideous.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or, you know, an East Coast desker with a midnight deadline.

10. bigpern23

Oh, and I don't care who wins tonight, the MOP of the tournament was Stephen Curry. I'd love to see them acknowledge what a lousy Final Four it was and announce him as the winner while all the Tigers and Jayhawks stand around with looking shocked.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You are correct. Play this game on a Friday or Saturday if you are going to wait until this late.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

What'd she go with? "Boom goes the dynamite?"

Draft saved Draft deleted