1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA baseball tourney thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

My bad. I didn't know the super pairings were out yet.

Absolutely surreal. I'm not seeing Long Beach spit the bit -- either against Ill-Chi or the Titans -- but that would be incredible.

The '05 team that gagged the Super against Arizona St. would kill this team.

(And with this, I join the 2,500 Club). ;D

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

hmmmm, another big ten team heads to the regional final... michigan over vandy

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The only thing I hate worse than college baseball weekends is rain on college baseball weekends.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Amen on that account. I'm just glad it's sunny in my little corner of the tournament today......

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

North Carolina rallied from two runs down in the ninth inning to beat East Carolina on Saturday. If the Tar Heels have many more celebrations like they had after that victory, they might lose some players:
    <a href="http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/589812.html">
    Below is the most interesting part of this story.</a>

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

For those who say San Diego choked ... you are absolutely right. They did, however, deserve a top 8 seeding.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Slayy,

Just curious here (seriously). What was the last Big 10 team to make it to Omaha?

I remember when Michigan was very good, but they were also cheating their asses off and got put on probation, as I recall (Hmm, sounds like the Michigan basketball story).

8. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Michigan in 1984. Lost to Cal State Fullerton and New Orleans and went home.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I would hate playing outside in February and March in places like Kentucky and Tennessee ... I can't imagine playing at Notre Dame or in the Big Ten. Or most of the Big 12, for that, matter. Yuck. I played baseball nearly year-round from the age of 6 to 18, and cold weather games sucked.

10. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

I just heard an announcer say "Rob Childress is still conversating" with the umpire after a controversial call. If someone is at the regional in College Station, please go find this guy and slap him.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Well, by by beating Stetson 17-1 they, if nothing else, removed the "choking dog" label.
    Baseball is unlike most other sports in that its so damn slow and deliberate that any team can beat any team - any time.
    Somebody's gotta lose these games. Doesn't make them "sorry" or "pathetic" or "chokers"

On another note, the Ole Miss/Southern Miss game drew 7,500 last nite, despite rain problems.
    Southern's tied now, 9-9 in the 10th inning, with Sam Houston.
    Winner plays Ole Miss later today. Should be lots more folks to show up at that game.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Southern Miss has blown a 7-1 lead after 6-1/2, a 9-7 lead in the bottom of the ninth and now leads 10-9 in the ninth. Meanwhile, Ole Miss waits to feast on what's left of their pitching staff.

Draft saved Draft deleted