1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA baseball tourney thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Absolutely correct, Claws.

If Fullerton gets out of this region, they might as well pack for Tempe now and avoid the rush.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The Super Regional pairings aren't TBA. We already know which regions play each other, unless I'm mistaken. There's nothing to be decided.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If Fullerton escapes its regional, it will play the winner of the Long Beach State regional. The only thing to be decided would be the site, if Long Beach doesn't win.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Exactly right. And with a 4 seed (Illinois-Chicago) into the Long Beach final, the Titans incredibly have a chance, as a 2-seed, to host a sub-regional and would be a heavy favorite to get to Omaha.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Super Regional matchups:

Vanderbilt regional vs. Virginia regional
    Long Beach regional vs. San Diego regional
    Arizona State regional vs. Mississippi regional
    Wichita regional vs. Texas regional
    Rice regional vs. Texas A&M regional
    Missouri regional vs. Arkansas regional
    Florida State regional vs. Coastal Carolina regional
    South Carolina regional vs. North Carolina regional

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Someone beat Mizzou, please.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I LOVE TROPICAL STORM BARRY!!!!

8. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

How dare the NCAA match up two pairs of Eastern time zone regionals, including a Carolina-Carolina matchup, and three pairs of Central time zone regionals? Bias, I tell you!

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Back in the day when the re-seeded the CWS, one year the SEC had three teams make it to Omaha. All three wound up in the same four-team double-elimination tourney. $h!t happens.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hmmm, and the team that put them out is from ... what part of the country?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain to me how Mike Martin continues to keep his job at Florida State even though year after year after year his team is one of the most woefully underachieving postseason outfits in the country.

How many more years do they have to enter the playoffs as one of the top seeds, get to host the damn regionals and not even be able to make it out of the first few rounds?

They have no shot of beating Miss. State twice and it wouldn't shock me if they laid down and died like the dogs they are later today when they play Stetson.

Draft saved Draft deleted