1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA baseball tourney thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Kent has scored six runs in the bottom of the eighth to pull to within 8-7 of Miami, and the inning isn't over. Bases loaded, two outs.

EDIT: The inning is over now. Miami leads 8-7 going to the ninth.

2. Le Moyne and Ohio State 5-5 in the bottom of the 10th. Buckeyes have runners on the corners with one out. Le Moyne takes an outfielder and puts him in the infield to cut off a run. Batter hits ball of pitcher, and the shortstop throws out the batter at first.

Runners still on the corners. Two outs.

Then Ohio State hits one through the left side of the infield, an opposite-field single, to win 6-5. Great game. Le Moyne saved its ass repeatedly but finally went down in the 10th.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Kent wastes leadoff double in ninth and falls 8-7.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Another prediction:

The powers-that-be who run the tournament will have any California teams left play either each other in a Super Regional or a very nearby power in order to prevent the West Coast from having more than one, two teams at the most at the CWS.

5. You are so right about that, Claws.

The NCAA takes all the West Coast teams and puts them together in regional play so they'll knock one another out, then does it again in the Super Regionals. Yet, West Coast teams still manage to have a great deal of success once they get to Omaha.

When I played college ball in the early 90s, our coach was beyond excited when he came to practice the day after the regional sites were announced (eight six-team regions back then) and exclaimed, "Good news ... they kept all the regionals out of the West!"

I've never understood the bias.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Shows that baseball bigwigs Miami (Fla.) and Wichita State can bounce back when under pressure.
    Will The Ohio State be able to follow suit?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because they loves them some ACC, SEC, and 11....

Cant tell me ANY northern team didn't deserve a regional

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Ouch ... Creighton beat Albany 21-11.
    I like the CSTV.com gametracker.

9. Agreed on that too, Slappy.

Everyone made a big deal out of Minnesota receiving an at-large berth, like they selected some no-name from a low-major conference.

All I know is, my freshman year, three teams not from the Sun Belt made the CWS (one played in the title game) and the next year one won the whole thing. As did Oregon State last year.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

ECU closer shits all over himself, gives up 3 in the bottom of the ninth. UNC 11, ECU 10.

11. WS

WS Member

love that west coast bias with SAn Diego getting a national seed it didn't deserve and bowing out in two games

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

State 3, FSU 0

GO DAWGS !!

Draft saved Draft deleted