1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NBA preseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I haven't really paid attention to the NBA in a few years, but since the Celtics traded for Allen and Garnett I am interested again.

Celtics play Raptors in 20 minutes in the preseason opener and I just discovered I get NBATV.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I wouldn't watch normally, but since it is either the first quarter of the new look Celtics or Big 10 football I will probably watch some NBA.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Nothing is more sleep-inducing than an NBA preseason game. I had to cover a preseason game years ago and we were lucky enough to be seated at the mezzanine level with TVs which, of course, were tuned to the World Series.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As opposed to the edge-of-your-seat excitement of NFL or baseball pre-season games.

That being said, the NBA has taken a game that is the most popular game, period, at the "sandlot" level -- You see basketball courts going all the time, but do you ever see kids playing sandlot baseball anymore? -- and made the product the worst of the big three. Can it all be blamed on the retirement of Magic, Bird and Michael?

Draft saved Draft deleted