1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NBA offseason/come join us Lebron! thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but I think the teams you say wouldn't do those trades would do those trades.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Irving to so Knicksian; where superstars go to die

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can you translate this.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was thinking high profile former good players then high priced players, like say Marbury, Noah, Rose, but of course Irving is young and just reaching his peak. So sorry bad choice of words.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It would be kind of un-Knicks, because he's actually young and still good, as you noted. I don't think they have the players to get it done though, unless they include Porzingis. I mean, the Knicks would do an Irving-Anthony swap in a second, but I doubt whoever is running the Cavs now is stupid enough to do that, unless they're committing to a team destruction even before James leaves.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Cavs hold all the leverage here in the Kyrie situation, so I imagine this all gets ironed out, they win the East, they get smoked in the Finals and LeBron and Kyrie are headed out of Cleveland after the 2017-18 season. It does make me wonder what the Cavs' options would've been had Kyrie demanded this trade before Paul George, Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler had landed where they did, though.

Could they have packaged several bad contracts with Kyrie to someone like the Knicks for Melo and then flipped Love for George, Butler or CP3, created a team that would've been quite attractive for LeBron to stay beyond this season and allowed them to get younger on the bench by unloading a combination of the contracts of Smith, Frye, Shumpert or Tristan Thompson?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Rumour has it they could have made a Paul for Irving trade as well as a something with Love for George before the draft.

I imagine that is being leaked by people close to LeBron or Griffin.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"...if Irving would rather play next year for the New York Knicks rather than the Cavaliers, as is reported, he might really believe that the Earth is flat." - Eric Koreen

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

What is a dumber move by Sacramento:

1. Trading the 2019 number 1 and the right to exchange positions in the 2017 first round in order to dump Jason Thompson's contraact

or

2. Trading Demarcus Cousins and bringing in Zach Randolph to build a better team culture?

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Should this go down, the Eastern Conference finals just got a lot more interesting.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cleveland would get Thomas and Crowder? Yowza.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And the Nets pick unprotected. This is violence.

Draft saved Draft deleted