1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NBA offseason/come join us Lebron! thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Then how and why did this leak?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's hoping for a trade, maybe he thinks it might pressure them into one. The Cavs control him until 19 when he has a player option. if he gets traded he gives up his supermax rights as well.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I saw Minnesota on the list of teams Irving wants to go to. Maybe Wiggins goes back to Cleveland. That could be an interesting dynamic.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe Kyrie was pissed that Maverick Carter was parking in his parking spot and the possee was dressing in the locker room and eating all the shrimp on the buffet

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think Kyrie's going anywhere, and even if he is Cleveland has no particular reason to go along with his four preferred destinations.

If they did, though, Kyrie to San Antonio for LaMarcus Aldridge is kind of interesting. The salaries work.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I agree he's probably not going anywhere, but if we are going to have fun guessing, how about to Minnesota for Wiggins and Teague? That's pretty close salary wise too.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Maybe, but if I'm Minnesota I don't do it. I actually really like their roster right now -- I'd want to see it in action before I think about making any changes.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Ha, because no way in hell I'd do that if I were the Cavs :D. Wiggins just isn't good enough.

9. amraeder

Any deal for a big seems like it'd need to be accompanied by a deal that moves one of Love/Thompson.

10. amraeder

Also, if Kyrie had done this a few weeks earlier Kyrie for CP3 would have made a lot of sense for everyone.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah. To piggyback on this point - In the finals, they already have trouble playing Love and Thompson together against Golden State. The problem would seemingly be exacerbated if you add Aldridge into that mix. And given Aldridge's issues in San Antonio, and him being grumpy playing for Pop, it seems unlikely that he'd be better as the third best frontcourt player (fourth if you count James as a PF) in Cleveland.

You're probably not going to get equal value for Irving, because you almost never do when it comes to dealing all-star level players. You usually either get draft picks, or a pupu platter of average to above-average players. Maybe call up the Clippers, see if they'll bite on Irving for Beverly, get another team involved to get another wing in the deal? I don't know. I think it's far more likely the Cavs keep Irving, unless he becomes a huge liability in the locker room or on the court, and that's probably the best decision for them.

12. amraeder

Agreed.
    If we're talking bigs, a Cousins/Holiday for Thompson/Iriving swap intrigued me, but Holiday makes so much the numbers don't work.
    This has been the best thing to happen to the trade machine in a while, though :D

Cavs probably don't do this:
    upload_2017-7-22_12-44-17.png

Knicks don't do this:
    upload_2017-7-22_12-45-3.png

Draft saved Draft deleted