1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Nathan's Famous Hot-Dog Eating Contest thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Jul 4, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They got new gigs, I believe.

And they were not found criminally liable. Overhydration only was an issue because her body pretty much was soaked in water. At the time, they were saying that a little sugar would've helped the matter.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I find this whole competitive eating thing nauseating. Imagine, we have so much food in America that we make a game to see how fast we can eat it. No wonder people in other countries hate us. This is like some Rome at 400 A.D. type shit....

3. JackS

JackS Member

Agreed, and BTW, how friggin' desperate is Paul Page for work? (I only noticed in a quick channel flip.)

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Paul also has been calling the doggie events at the Great Outdoors Games in recent years. And snowmobiling races.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn, Kobayashi is built:

[​IMG]

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My goodness the security was lax at the hot dog thing yesterday - Darth gets through and Chestnut puts him in a headlock, while the protestor is subdued a Stormtrooper comes in and just hangs around protesting the corporate owners of Nathan's - not sure if it was PETA thing or what. That said, Chestnut owns this thing for the next 10 years - there is no one even close.

Joey Chestnut Attack 2022: Hot Dog Champ Fights Off Protester – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Octave likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Chestnut has a net worth of around $3 million. Make of that what you will.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Means he still has to work and can’t retire yet.

Octave and sgreenwell like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Most of that is the soggy bun equivalent of paper wealth.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It was kind of impressive ... wolf down 40 hot dogs, choke-hold an intruder, dust off another 20 ...

This has definitely become big business, and not just hot dogs. I saw one of the competitors once ate 16 jalapenos in a minute.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I'm with you, coffee man. There's also the off chance he is doing enormous damage to his innards. I'd like to have working plumbing during retirement.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The protest was against Smithfield, “Nathan’s pork supplier.” I thought that Nathan’s hot dogs were all beef.

Draft saved Draft deleted