1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MW2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I think the only way you can do it is if there's an open slot in that game.

IIRC - it's been a while! - open a person's profile and see if there's a join game in progress option. If not, try to wait until just after a game is finished. When they get back to the lobby, folks bail out and create an opening for you to sneak in.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hustle has it right. You can only do it if there aren't 12 playing already.

Mad, when I joined your game, I had either just got on or had just finished a game. So I did a quick check of the friends list since it's more fun to play with people you actually know.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Most of my crew still plays, but I'm still on hiatus. ;D

4. Hank_Scorpio

You broke your hiatus there about a week or so ago.

And I saw a couple of your crew playing CivRev last night. Which reminds me, I need to play that again. Along with Fable 2 and Fallout 3.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Oh yeah. One night only!

Yeah, Zman had been begging to play Civ. He smoked Captain Napalm as usual.

I'm always done for a game of Civ. Lots of fun.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Yea, I think I like Civ a lot better than MW2, even though I haven't played it much lately.

Need to get back into Fable 2. Somehow, I pissed off the authorities in Bowersock (I think that's the name of the town I bought a house in) and everytime I go back there, they start chasing me.

Gotta figure out how to clear my name there. Is there a way?

7. Hank_Scorpio

Looks like the MW2 DLC (the map packs) may be delayed or canceled.

http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/03/05/activision-court-battle-means-no-dlc-for-mw2/

8. Hank_Scorpio

It seems all people want to do in this game now is sit in one spot and wait. Seems kinda boring actually.

I played about four maps last night. We didn't reach the 7500 score limit once before time ran out. Couple times neither side got over 3000 score.

Ended up with a positive or break-even k/d ratio, but more than once I got killed, spawned on the other side of the map, made my way back there and found them in the same spot for the easy kill after I flanked them.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Only delayed until the end of this month:

http://mapathy.com/

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

XBox Live Silver members are allowed to play this weekend. There should be a ton of fresh meat out there for you guys to get that XP.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Either that or you'll have even more people firing random noob tubes all over the place.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Haha.

What type of scope is everyone using? I have the majority unlocked, but seem to prefer the red dot for some reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted