1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MW2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not a bad idea. At least until they get that care package glitch fixed.

I was in one match last night where there were about 6-7 care packages on the ground. The other team got an AC130, Harrier, AC130, a predator and something else. Our team got a counter-uav and ammo.

Oh interesting note: saw on Amazon yesterday that World at War was $47 while MW2 was $45.

Would MW2 be one of the most glitchy/cheater games in a while?

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Are you sure that's a glitch & not an Emergency Airdrop? I'm pretty sure they already fixed that glitch.

3. Hank_Scorpio

The patch for that was going through M$ certification, I believe.

It just came out for PS3 and PC, although supposedly people have already found another way to do it.

Here's one article that addresses what is/was supposedly fixed:

http://www.examiner.com/x-31314-Boston-Game-Industry-Examiner~y2010m1d30-Modern-Warfare-2-Patch-108-Goes-Live-for-PS3

Most of the comments are PS3 related (I know I haven't experienced much lag in games on XBL).

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

One of the Infinity Ward development guys is on Twitter, and he posted something about the CP glitch being the "bane of his existence."

Well, you could make a game right the first time and then you won't have these problems.

5. Hank_Scorpio

I'll add a couple stories to Hustle's.

I played on Sub base with random people the other day. I had my claymore-scavenger class, so I go up to the computer room, set up my claymore by the top of the stairs.

I get one kill looking out the window. Start to head out, but hear my claymore kill someone. So I reset it. Two more guys come across the above part toward the computer room, where I'm able to pick off those two. Claymore goes off again for another kill, so back to reset it. And another kill.

I ended up with seven kills in the first two minutes before I died. Ended up with a care package, predator drone and attack copter. By the end, I ended up with about 14 kills and a plus 7.

Second story: Playing in scrapyard, I come up from behind the No. 2 building, just outside the small door (not the large opening). See one guy and shoot him, but there's two more right behind him. So keep shooting and end up with a triple kill.

Of course, the 3-4 other maps I played weren't as great. But, like I've said before (and I think Storm agreed), is that the game is kind of like golf. You get that one or two or three great shots/kills that keep you coming back.

6. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I'm afraid to play MW2 again, because I haven't played in a few weeks. Every time I go to hop back on, I get absolutely destroyed, and switch to NCAA.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I think that's the rut I fell into. I had found my groove for about a month & then without warning, have totally fallen off the cliff. I can't get it back & only seem to get worse.

Time to revisit a lot of other games.

Plus, I told Hustle that I won't play MW2 until he can again. ;D

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

And I told Stormy that was pish posh. My 360 would've wanted him to play again.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Well, since my 360 is still running, it gets the last word. And it says not to play. :)

10. Hank_Scorpio

I won't believe your 360 until it blogs that it doesn't want to play. ;)

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I've been off and on with MW2. Probably have played a total of two hours in the last week and a half. I start off slow because of the rust but find my groove halfway through the match.

As of now, I'm a big fan of Favela. I like to set up shop in the house near the puddle/bushes and just keep pacing that hallway and alley. I can usually pick off a few in the houses and roofs and work my way to the left side of the map and back to where I started. I'd say, not to brag or anything, that I'm usually +8 or so on that map.

I'm terrible on sub base and underpass. Probably -4.

12. No one wants to see you bragging on how good you are.

I'm about 1300 over .500 while using a sniper as my primary weapon though.

Draft saved Draft deleted