1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MW2 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Jan 16, 2010.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've been considering getting it, but I just have too many video games to play right now. I'm playing Mario on Wii, our NCAA league, Mario Kart, Madden and I have NBA Live and NHL collecting dust. By the time I get to MW2 you'll all probably be bored with it :).

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

MW2 Mythbusters Episode 1:

Episode 2:

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Damn, those are fun to watch.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I finally broke through & now have more kills than deaths. I think it's over +100 now, so I Prestiged last night. It will take me awhile to get all the perks I need, but re-completing a lot of challenges should have me ranking up quickly.

5. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

What a bunch of dorks.

I haven't been on in forever. Wanna play with y'all soon. Maybe tonight?

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm heading to see Avatar in a bit. I'll most likely be down to play when I get back.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There is usually at least 4-5 of us on, starting about now.

8. I know I'm Storm's friend on here, but if anyone else wants to add me for MW2, my tag is ChiTown Bandit.

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Dredging this back up for two pretty cool stories, IMO.

I've adopted the StormSurge method of Claymores and Scavenger, spreading those things as far and as wide as I can. A few days ago, I was playing Derail with a random group and had already burned folks with that tactic. I'm in the warehouse closer to the town near the larger of the two entrances (right in front of the derailed boxcar). I set up a Claymore just after the partition, hopefully to catch anyone lurking nearby.

I hear someone outside, so I crouch down in the far corner opposite the stairs. If the Claymore doesn't get him, I will. I'm fairly certain he didn't see me, but he throws a grenade in anyway. No dice. He waits a few seconds and tries again. I'm stunned, but not killed. At last, he comes running in, sets off the Claymore and dies.

Story 2, again with random people: I'm playing Favela this morning and doing pretty well. I've got an incoming care package and I set up camp in one corner of the map, the lower area with the large puddle behind all the houses. The package lands and, out of nowhere, an enemy sneaks up and takes me down. "Shit," I mutter under my breath.

Fortunately, I respawn nearby. I run down and am surprised to see it still there. As I'm about to grab it, the same guy kills me again. "You cocksucker, you!" I said, momentarily not remembering there is a team of cleaning ladies in the house. (I apologized to the boss later.)

I respawn a bit further away, and now I'm pissed and want to get the thing just for the sheer principle of it. I sprint toward that corner and the icon is on my screen. He's using it for bait.

So instead of taking the stairs, I hop over the wall and land three feet in front of the guy. I see him as I'm coming down, so I take a step and stab him for the game-winning kill. True, every word of it.

I'm kinda pissed I didn't get to use the package, but it still makes for a funny story.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Good stuff Huss!

I had been stuck in a rut & decided to take a few days off to help me relax. I played again last night & promptly played a round & finished with THIRTY deaths.

Needless to say, this next break is going to last a lot longer than a few days.

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

C'mon, man. Get back on that horse and ride it!

12. Yesterday I reached 2,000 kills above .500. I now have about 4,600 kills and 2,600 deaths.

Draft saved Draft deleted