1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MTV VMAs thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Sep 9, 2007.

1. From the bra up, I thought Britney looked good.
    Of course, she used to look great from head to toe.
    Maybe this will be a wakeup call for her. If not, well, she isn't talented enough as just a singer/songwriter to keep any kind of a career going.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Gimme gimme less.

Or gimme gimme more...Mandy Moore.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Odds on Britney making it to 30: 5-2
    Odds on Amy Winehouse making it to 30: 25-1

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

1 hour, 4 minutes ago

LAS VEGAS - Sour grapes from Kanye West — again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wow, that was just so painful to watch. It's like she wasn't even trying.

And, while I feel the need to point out she still appears to be in better shape than 90 percent of American women, why would she put herself in a bikini she can't pull off? This is what's wrong with superstars. They surround themselves with sycophants and don't have anyone around who will tell them, "Brit, if you go out in that outfit you're going to get crucified."

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yikes. That was horrendous. She almost fell each of the first four moves she made. And they weren't even dance moves, just a move to her left or right.

Poor (figuratively, not literally) girl is just grabbing for straws right now.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

When the publicity stunt is Pee-Wee Herman back in the public eye or Madonna kissing Britney and Christina, it works. This publicity stunt falls at the other end of the spectrum.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Is it an awards show or a publicity stunt show?

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome wants its wardrobe back. So does Motley Crue's Looks That Kill video.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

When Britney gets up tomorrow and turns on the TV or the computer or picks up a paper, she's going to be thinking "They're talking about me. No matter what they're saying, they're talking about me."
    That's kind of the whole point of VMAs, isn't it?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I thought the point was to hand out trophies, but whatever.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the old VJs? (I know, I know, they're on Sirius Radio.)

Anyhow... I've got the fork, anyone wanna stick it in her?

Draft saved Draft deleted