1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MTV VMAs thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just watched the intro, simply because I wanted to see the buzz about Britney Spears leading in the show. Lousy lip-syncing, hardly any choreography ... absolutely atrocious. She's done.

And then Sarah Silverman rips into Britney for the first two minutes of the monologue.

That's probably about as good as this show is going to get. Back to Jints-Cowboys.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

What are these VMAs of which you speak?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How can MTV still show the Video Music Awards when it doesn't show music videos?

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

This is supposed to be shown once and only once instead of constant repeats. Sounds like that's a really good thing for those of us without Tivo

Edit: and for those of us who weren't going to watch it in the first place!

5. Inky_Wretch

Of course they can't repeat the awards show, it would get in the way of all those scripted teen dramas that claim to be reality shows.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Could JT win BYH over?

He just accepted an award and said he challenged MTV to play more videos!

7. Inky_Wretch

If JT gets MTV to show videos for 12 hours per day, I'll personally learn the words to every song on his latest album.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but it's not a bad CD.

9. britney's performance was just completely uninspired. thanks for putting down your gin and tonic long enough to grace us with your presence.

thank god for silverman--that was great. definitely takes balls to make fun of people who are actually in attendance.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Britney was AWFUL. I feel like they could have picked a random person out of the audience and he or she would have danced better.

I was stupid to have changed the channel after the "performance." I missed Sarah Silverman ripping her.

11. this entire production is sloppy and confusing. might want to stick to cleaning it up in post production and showing it taped later in the week.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

So far the only good "performance" has been Adam Levine and Maroon 5 ... which was cut away to a commercial.

There is nothing dynamic about this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted