1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Movie Awards Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the headline: "Christian hails Satan"

Burnett is amazing. That was a magical show. Totally forgot Ernie Anderson was the announcer. I'll still stop and watch those infomercials for her DVD sets just for the clips.

And shoot - maybe Jeff Bridges wasn't really acting in Lebowski. Man - that dude has a great laugh.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Satan apparently is demanding a retraction and apology.

3. DanOregon

It's not like he thanked L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

4. DanOregon

5. DanOregon

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised Eastwood didn't get a nomination.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Does Spike Lee still refer to his films as "joints"? If so, that's corny.

Of the nominees, I want to see "BlacKkKlansman" and "Vice," in particular. "Bohemian Rhapsody" was great and would be a worthy winner, IMHO. Black Panther was so boring I stopped watching.

EDIT: In the current climate, I am guessing that "Vice" is going to win big: best movie, best actor, best original screenplay. Also, the "RBG" movie will probably win for Best Documentary.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Vice isn't very good, I don't think. Bale is good. Vice is not good.

10. CD Boogie

interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the target alone (Cheney) carried it a long way towards all those nominations. I still want to see it, though.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nah, it's goodish. I do wonder if I would have liked it more had I not seen The Big Short, because the reuse of creative tricks diminished the freshness of Vice. That, and the plot coulda had a clearer POV

I thought Christopher Robin was the best movie of the year, and I'm disappointed it didn't get any Oscar love.

12. CD Boogie

You might be joking, but I truly enjoyed that movie. I mean, the ending was predictable as hell, but so what. At least it got a nomination for Best Visual Effects.

Draft saved Draft deleted