1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Movie Awards Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You think about all the changes the Academy wanted to do to move the show along - I don't know why they include industry types nobody knows during the In Memoriam segment - maybe a few here and there, but couldn't they run it through a commercial break and include all the insiders then? Figure those in the theater might know who they are - or do it at the Governors Awards a month or so earlier.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

They caved to tantrums about editing out two people walking from their chairs to the stage. Not sure the Academy has thick enough skin to take criticism that they disrespected the dead.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Yeah, somebody will always complain. Not that it's entirely wrong. I think a lot of people, including some high profile ones, don't want people who are essential to the business but are not known to the public to be slighted. Plus, I don't know if you were suggesting this, if you create two groups to be honored (one on tv, the other off), it means complaints about who was included will become an annual tradition.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted