1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB Thread, Part the Fourth, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

1. A night like this, when the bullpen came to the rescue in a bullshit situation, is a hell of a fucking time for the return of 2006 Dumpster.

2. Sweet Lou is old Mother Hubbard, and he's only got Eyre in the cupboard!

3. Edgar Renteria has a cracked helmet in his near future. That bushleague bullshit will not be forgotten.

4. That umpire has some 'splainin to do.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Renteria pulls that shit against any other team in baseball and he leaves the field on a fucking stretcher. This is the biggest collection of pussies on one team in the history of baseball. Fuck these fucking assholes.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's so close to a IHTFT, I can smell it. :D

5. Armchair_QB

AND PRINT IT!

6. Hammer Pants

Agreed. He should have been earholed. Hard. And then spiked anywhere except his testicles or face when he was on the ground.

7. Armchair_QB

Actually the face should have been the first place he was spiked. He deserved it. Biggest chickenshit move I've seen on baseball diamond in awhile. And since it's the last time the Braves and Cubs play this year, nothing's going to happen to him. Not that anything would since this whole fucking team is a bunch of fucking pussies.

8. Hammer Pants

If he's in the lineup for Atlanta's next game with that "sore hand," I will lose a lot of respect for Cox and Renteria.

The one thing I will say for Cox ... Chipper's hurt, and they can't lose Renteria, so knowing they wouldn't see the Cubs the rest of the season, I can maybe see why he would do it.

I can't wait for the umpire's justification for tossing Lilly. It was a fucking 0-2 pitch, not the first pitch of the game to a guy who hit three homers the day before.

9. Armchair_QB

MLB won't do anything to the umpire. In fact they'll probably trot out some horseshit statement about how he did a great job of controlling the game and "defusing a potentially dangerous situation." Yeah, right, fuck me.

Of course somebody should ask Wolf when he's going to retire and start playing the lottery since he fucking clarvoyant and can predict the future with 100 percent accuracy. Fucking pompous asshole.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I just saw that Renteria clip.

Pretty disappointing the Cubs didn't respond. And that was a bitch boy move by Renteria, who proved he was pretty damn soft when he was such a complete zero for the Red Sox that they paid the Braves to take him.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Haven't seen the clip, but I think that was a chickenshit call.

That said, I think that was part of the umpire's justification, was that the count was 0-2, when a pitcher knows he can throw one way inside (or outside, or in the dirt, etc.).

But it's certainly a leap in logic to go from "he's going to waste a pitch and buzz Renteria" -- which, sure, he probably was doing -- to "he's intentionally throwing at him and should be automatically ejected," which doesn't make any sense.

The actions are similar; adding the malicious intent is some pretty faulty judgment by the umpire, who obviously doesn't understand the concept of a "waste pitch." Hell, Renteria probably knew it was coming, too. He's trying to help his team, and did. It's the umpire's job to stay on top of those situations.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Yankees pre-Clemens wouldn't have done anything either, unless Proctor came into the game and went head-hunting. Or if ARod slapped him or threw an elbow to his groin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.