1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB Thread, Part the Fourth, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold

Gold Active Member

George King reports in the New York Post the Angels might be interested in Giambi.

Any truth, or is that George King making up rumors?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

It is the NY Post... it is George King. Take it for what it's worth.
    He has floated this one before.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bobby Cox ejected tonight, after Renteria got a quick hook for arguing a strike-three call from the plate umpire in Atlanta.

Cox is at 129 ejections now, two away from John McGraw for the most in major league history.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Pen will do the Braves in again. Gonzalez hurt, Wickman has been on DL once and my guess is will be back there again.

Nats, meanwhile, rule the fucking world.

And if Maine is a No. 4 starter -- fuck, lots of teams would love a No. 4 that good.

5. Moderator1

And many, many other teams. Maine is a bitch. He grew up 45 miles south of D.C. Would love to see him there.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read about the Angels wanting Atkins elsewhere, too. Not sure why anybody would want him right now. He's been horrible.

The Rox would love to deal Helton and the Yankees do need a first baseman...maybe the stuff about being more fiscally responsible is out the window now that they're struggling.

7. Moderator1

5-3 Phils now. What happened?

Hottest team in the world is up 5-2 but Winston Abreu is in the game so my confidence is waning.

8. Moderator1

And Austin Kearns just made Sports Center's No. 1 play of the day.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And of course in his return to the lineup Elijah Dukes goes deep for a 3-run homer against the White Sox.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Meanwhile there are a pair of bad backs in KC tonight.....

AP-Kansas City’s Gil Meche and Seattle’s Felix Hernandez both left Friday night’s game with tightness in the lower back.
    Hernandez, in his third start since coming off the disabled list with a right elbow strain, cruised into the sixth with a 10-0 lead but gave up an RBI triple and a run-scoring double and was relieved after a lengthy conference on the mound that included assistant trainer Rob Nodine.

11. Moderator1

My asshole son just called. He's at Petco, watching one of his childhood heroes pitch for the Padres.
    Wanted to rub it in!

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Baseball Tonight is trying to replace Harold Reynolds, and what I'm seeing here, is that there's no replacing Harold Reynolds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.