1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB Thread, Part the Fourth, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Offensively, yes, they haven't played all that well yet. But the pitching's been there from the start.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And the way Maine has fallen off, you have to wonder what he'll give them the rest of the year. The Mets have gotten a lot of good innings so far from Maine, Sosa and Perez and I don't think it's a given that those three will continue. I think Perez is this good. Maine and Sosa? That's a lot shakier ground.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't think anyone believed Maine would suddenyl become a NO. 1 starter type or that he would continue the way he pitched in April. Doesn't mean he won't be solid the rest of the way.
    El Duque returns tonight -- for better or worse... meaning Maine and Sosa could basically be considered Nos. 4 and 5. Neither is bad for the back of the rotation.

4. outofplace

True...though I wonder about counting on El Duque as well. Not that he can't still pitch, particularly in the post-season, but it's tough to expect him to be healthy.

Though I'd be more concerned about Delgado right now. Unless/until he can start crushing inside pitches again, he's not that useful.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Delgado had wrist surgery in the off season and I don't think he's 100% yet ... if he doesn't start hitting in another month, then they have a real worry.

6. outofplace

Yeah, I knew he had sugery and I've heard and read the talk that his problems are health-related. But he's old enough that you have to wonder if he will be able to bounce back in mid-season. I hope so (fantasybaseballlooser..hi spnited!)

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

It's OK, oop...we metsfanboyloosers will accept fantasybaseballloosers as long as they are rooting for Mets players.

8. outofplace

Ha....why do you think I have paid such close attention to Maine and Perez? Well, the Perez thing is also the Pirate fan in me wanting to string David Littlefield up for being an idiot, too.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Denver Post attributed items found under Yahoo.com "rumors" (take that for what it's worth):

Angels are interested in Garrett Atkins.
    Yankees are interested in Todd Helton and Brian Fuentes.

Claws add: Colorado Rockies are interested in being given their unconditional release from the National League.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Big blow for the Braves: Mike Gonzalez will undergo Tommy John surgery.

Damnit. Mets just got better.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Torii Hunter is an upper-middle class-man's Mike Cameron.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Better personality.

Much, much better player, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.