1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB Thread 2007 #1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha dude how many times have we been over this? I didn't pick them to win any of the last three years either and they didn't win. Hence, now that I am picking them to win, you should be soiling your drawers in joy!

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If no. 1 happens, I'm going to bet the mortgage on the Yankees winning the World Series.

Actually, I already think they're going to win the World Series. But a good start from Wounded Vagina Pavano will surely signal the end of the pennant race.

Edit: I don't actually have a mortgage. So this bet is null and void regardless.[/quote]I really don't like the fact that you are picking the Yankees to win it all, this tells me they will lose in the first round again.
    [/quote]

Not going to Opening Day At The Urinal. I'll watch it on tv, waiting to hear that a line drive off of Carl Crawford's bat bruised Carl Pavano's taint and the Yankee righty will miss the next six weeks.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Devils Rays did well against the Yankees last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay gets a win or two in this series.

4. WS

WS Member

I'll take the over in that one. Not sure what the line is, though

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Cardinals get hammered tonight? Great way to start any season.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Cards are in for a bad season. They really weren't that good last year and they're not as good as that this year.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But the whole division is a pack full of mediocrity. Who else scares you? The Cubs? With what pitching? The Reds? I'm not convinced yet, though perhaps.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Cardinals don't have a strong rotation. That will be their downfall. Looper is going to bite the dust hard, and Wainwright may be all right, but still needs a few starts under his belt.

9. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Today was really weird for me. My grandfather, probably the biggest baseball fan I've ever known, passed right before this past Christmas.

I knew the first Sunday that went by with baseball would be tough, and it got me today. I used to spend a couple hours with him watching baseball almost every week. It was bittersweet to see the game today, especially a good old time NL game--his favorite baseball.

First time the Bravos play a afternoon game on Sunday is going to suck balls.

10. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Jose Reyes is entering Jeter territory. Everything he does, no matter how routine, gets celebrated like it's spectacular.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Buccos, baby.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again I am reminded that I can always come to this site when I need a laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.