1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB Thread 2007 #1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

All things MLB go here. American League, Senior Circuit, whatever. Seamheads everywhere are joyous starting tonight. Count me among them.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

For about 18 hours anyway, the Cubs will be in first place.

3. david kaye

david kaye Member

Cubs haven't played a game, and they're a half-game ahead of the Cardinals. Good times.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ahem. TIED for first place.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Your board, your rules.
    Let's go Yankees, clap, clap, clapclapclap.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Brewers were in first place on my agate page today. And there they will stay.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm a uniter, literally. :)

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

2007 FINAL MLB STANDINGS

Brewers 78-84 10
    Cardinals 88-74 --
    Astros 82-80 6
    Cubs 80-82 8
    Reds 78-84 10
    Pirates 66-96 22

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ol' Blood And Guts Pavano takes the mound for the Yankees tomorrow against failed Mets pitcher Scott Kazmir.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Are you going? I could see one of three things from Pavano tomorrow: 1. Pitching 7 innings, allowing 2 or so runs; 2. Pitching 1 1-3 innings, allowing 6 runs and walking 5; 3. Hurting his vagina right before the game and not pitching.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

If no. 1 happens, I'm going to bet the mortgage on the Yankees winning the World Series.

Actually, I already think they're going to win the World Series. But a good start from Wounded Vagina Pavano will surely signal the end of the pennant race.

Edit: I don't actually have a mortgage. So this bet is null and void regardless.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I really don't like the fact that you are picking the Yankees to win it all, this tells me they will lose in the first round again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.