1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB First-Year Player Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Comma Chameleon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Word on Mills is that he projects as a first baseman. His golve isn't bad, from what I recall, but he hurt his shoulder, I think, in his sophomore campaign and reinjured it over the summer, so his arm is the question for him at 3B.

His bat, however is not. That kid can flat-out hit. I'm going by memory, because I don't feel like looking back through a big pile of game sheets to come up with stats, but as I recall, he isn't a K-machine, at least not when I saw him. He will, however, fly out meekly after getting too far under a pitch when going for the HR a fair amount.

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Yes. Mills is a hitter. As I said, most teams considered him the best pure hitter in the draft and since this was considered the deepest draft in a long time, I'm thinking Mr. Mills is going to be OK. Then again, this is the MLB draft, so Indiansnetwork is playing the safe horse in suggesting he'll bomb.

Draft saved Draft deleted