1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB First-Year Player Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Comma Chameleon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

lmfao, they put this on television?

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Awesome. Candy has two starting pitchers taken in the first eight picks, and the Commode-ores couldn't make it out of a HOME regional against a Big 10 team.

3. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Rice had three pitchers taken in the top eight in 2004 and couldn't make it out of a home regional after losing to a SWAC school. It happens. It's baseball.

Rice won the national championship the year before.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Did Rice lose the first game of its conference tournament and then win the next five one week before the regional to burn their arms?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well damn, my fav player (Beau Mills) in the draft winds up with the Indians. I was hoping he'd wind up out West where I could entertain thoughts of going to see him.

6. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Yes.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is there anything worse than glancing at the TV and seeing some piece of shit from your town get drafted and suddenly realizing you have a lot more work to do today?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

HAW HAW!!!! :D :D :D

Ask him if he's going to put pics of Baseball Annies on his Myspace page.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

THE TWINS ARE ON THE CLOCK!

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I see what you guys are saying about televising the draft.

But considering the alternative could be the "best" of Mike and Mike In The Morning (the dictionary definition of oxymoron if there ever was one), Mark Schlereth extolling the virutes of the Falcons' third-string long snapper on a gripping June episode of NFL Live or one of those insipid, snooze-inducing World Series Of Poker 200_, I'm not going to knock it.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yay Indians!

(Who's Beau Mills, aside from a kid you started a thread on from the NAIA tourney?)

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Son of the Red Sox bench coach, set the NAIA home run record this year, had a big year at Fresno State last year before leaving school because of some sort of academic issue (was it cheating, was it not going to class, was it flunking out?), not sure that he's all that great a fielder though.

Draft saved Draft deleted