1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Michelle Wie excuse thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 30, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I remember being told to wait on Darko a few years ago. Just give him time. Give him time.

Give him time.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Seems like Ms. Wie has some things in order. It's only two-fifths of the way through, but she's playing very, very well at Q-School.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3744949

I hope this is a sign of things to come for her.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not surprising. It is not as if she cannot strike the ball.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

She's still not good enough not to talk to reporters after a round. In order to pull that off, it helps if you have actual accomplishments.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She wasn't allowed to just be a teen for a while.

It will haunt her for a while.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I hope she does pull it together.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

She said at the beginning she'd wait until after the tournament was over. It's not like she's sneaking out of the clubhouse to hide from them. Besides, I don't want to hear from Michelle Wie during the early rounds of a qualifying tournament, unless she throws down a pair of 82s or something. Or gets DQ'd. Again.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

She had the best score yesterday on the Legends course, which is the harder of the two at LPGA. Not surprising to see her leading today after a run through the Champions course. Tomorrow I think she'll be back on the Legends course, which means 1) she won't score as comparatively well as today and 2) somebody will claim that the higher score proves she can't hack it, which is bollocks given that she'll be on a tougher course.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Right. They make the cut after the fourth round, right? If so, is the final round on the Legends course?

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Enters the final round in 2nd place. She is 9 shots to the good of the player in 20th place.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Earned her card, finished tied for seventh at 12-under after a 74 on the final day.

Good for her.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

PGA Tour Q School next year?

Draft saved Draft deleted