1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Finally, they seem to be moving past the build up into the action.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Spoilers ahead

I think episode by episode they’re showing Wanda losing control on the world she’s built, so I think in the next episode or two things are going to crumble at this rate. I hope we get to see the twins grow up before the end of the season and don’t see them just disappear. If the mature like they did in the womb, they’ll be teenagers in short order. They’ll do 80s sitcoms next week, but I can’t see the sitcom stuff lasting past another episode with the ‘90s maybe. I think we’re very close to being in the real world as much as we are in Wanda’s world.

I’m pretty certain someone is manipulating her. They’ll have to have an episode at some point that explains how we got from Endgame to here once they reveal who it is. I’m not betting Hydra despite the hints. Too obvious. And I think SWORD is just responding to her and isn’t manipulating her. Might be AIM.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This didn’t grab me at first but now I’m getting into it. I’m only a movie consumer, not the comics, so I was concerned this might be too deep a cut.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think for some fans it would be better to wait until several episodes are out and then binge them. The first week was a ton of Easter eggs for diehards, especially comic fans, that may or may not be have anything to do with the season as a whole. But I think from here on will be less hinting at things and more revealing what they mean.

5. outofplace

One theory I've heard is that we will see the babies grow into teenagers to help set up a future Young Avengers project. That team included Wanda's children. Tommy has magical powers similar to hers. Billy has powers similar to Pietro's. Another Young Avenger, Kate Bishop, will be in the Hawkeye series on Netflix.

I'm not sure that someone is manipulating Wanda. She has lost it and done serious damage with her powers more than once. This could be an MCU version of House of M, but instead of ending with "No More Mutants," the speculation I've heard and read is it will end with her creating the MCU's mutants.

JRoyal likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Monday morning, nerds.

I’m not ready to say goodbye to Vision and they have so personalized him this season that I don’t think it’s going to happen.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. outofplace

One thing worth noting is Geraldine looks the same at the very end of the episode as she did during the scenes with Wanda. That tells you something about the rules of all the weirdness if you think about it.

I could see them going a few different ways with Vision, but I'm sure that will be tied to how he was brought back in the first place. That hasn't been made clear yet.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think in grief, she tried to recreate him and created this energy cloud, or in grief she created an imaginary world in this energy bubble and will discover how to recreate him in the cloud.

Now, both friends and foes are entering the cloud to see what the hell is going on, and there will be a massive showdown in the last episode.

I’m also hedging a 10% chance that one of these imaginary characters is Dr. Doom. That will be the big reveal.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That got dark quick!

I go back and forth on how much control Wanda has.

As soon as the doctor told Geraldine she would make a good nurse, I thought she was either not real, a waldo, or an avatar of some sort. Not sure what to make of her popping into the local reality dump.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Here's why I think someone is pulling Wanda's strings, or at least did to get the ball rolling on this: She was fighting in Endgame after she came back from getting dusted in Infinity War. It's possible she could have dropped deeper into despair after the big battle once she realized what all had happened and Thanos was gone, but I think someone helped get her there and then suggested maybe she could bring him back.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I've seen both of those. I think the first one is bound to happen. Too many of the characters getting introduced not to. I'm not sure if the second one will happen right away or if it'll be more that she shatters things, leading to the next Doctor Strange, which leads to MCU mutants.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Perhaps this takes place in between those two movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted