1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Regarding the last point, I have heard multiple explanations for that. One theory is that we simply hadn't seen the full scope of her powers yet in the movies. This is all speculation. Though she was given powers by experiments using the mind stone, she may have a connection to all of the stones. Even her brother's powers didn't really line up with the mind stone. (By the way, if they are going to use this series to cheat and bring characters back, bring back Pietro!)

They also could be moving Wanda's powers closer to those of the comic book character, who could absolutely do everything we are seeing in the series, and more.

I like your idea of looking at it more like a game than a story. I'm not sure how far that will go with casual viewers, but it's interesting. On that note, I've been reading that the commercials do have significance. That should be fairly obvious with the first including a Stark reference and the second being a Strucker reference. Both refer to characters who helped create Vision and Wanda.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think combined, they've had eight small parts since 2004, and none since 2013, according to Wikipedia. Like now that they're adults, they do not give one flying fuck about acting, and couldn't even be talked into the Fuller House bullshit, haha.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

They're dropping lots of clues, and I think a lot of numbers are going to point toward comics (Avengers 238 as pointed out earlier, but the time on the Strucker watch was 2:43, which I think points to another Vision-centric issue of Avengers). I'm betting we see some version of 251 in the next episode or two. I'm also expecting to see W51, WC51 or West 51 (or 52-60, been a while since I've read all those stories).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Stop giving me comics to research. Im trying to get some work done, here!

OscarMadison, JRoyal and outofplace like this.
  5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Just curious, is your job different this season since from I gather, you will only be showing all-Canadian division games on the Canadian network you work for.

Sorry for going off-topic here.

6. outofplace

Tell me about it. I read House of M and Children's Crusade, and I know some of the Vision-Scarlet Witch stuff, but not some of the stuff they seem to be hinting at. I've never read a single issue of West Coast Avengers.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The beauty of all of this is that you don’t have to read it. You could read it, but you also know it’s not going to fall to the exact story line of the comics.

This is almost like going to a Disney park and looking for the hidden Mickeys. You still enjoy the place if you don’t find them, but finding them makes it a little bit more enjoyable.

OscarMadison, sgreenwell and JRoyal like this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As long as it doesn’t turn into The Crossing

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

A million times this. I think there will be little bits they pull from here and there, some more than others, but I don’t think they’re going to lift any stories whole-cloth. Heck, some of the issue numbers might just be pointing to classic Scarlet Witch and Vision stories as an homage to their history and the show’s plot will have nothing to do with them.

10. outofplace

Agreed. I'm not planning to go back and read any of it. I just enjoy the bits I notice and maybe hear about the rest through what is posted online.

JRoyal likes this.
  11. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Lots of good stuff this week. Great little touches that reminded me of comics I read as a kid, including at least one that didn't feature Wanda or Vision.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Cheer up, sleepy Jean
    Oh, what can it mean that
    To a daydream believer
    And a homecoming queen

It’s go time.

What a buildup to those last three minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted