1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So which series or movie down the road does this lead into?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was joking, but I have theories. They are difficult to get into without spoilers, so I'll wait a bit on all that.

3. outofplace

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

We have an Earth-based conflict, a mystical conflict, and soon a time dimensional conflict.

All roads lead to the same point?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

And allegedly a whole lot of Spider-Men.

7. outofplace

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

It's not MCU, but if you're into animated superhero stories -- Invincible is very good on Amazon Prime

John likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

10. outofplace

There was some discussion of it on another thread. I binge-read the entire comic book series not long before the first episode. The voice cast is great. They have also changed up quite a bit from the comic.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

I have an addendum to my earlier answer, because it may be that you just wanted to know what’s in the queue.

Next Disney+ Series is Loki, coming June 11. About that time, Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendolsohn will reprise their MCU roles when the six-episode Secret Invasion starts production. Emilia Clarke and Olivia Colman were recently announced for the series as well. Kingsley Ben-Adir is set to play the main villain.

And if you remember your Earth-616 history … yep, evil Skrulls are everywhere AND THEY MIGHT BE YOUR FRIENDS. I actually think we saw a Skrull replacement in The Falcon Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

Black Widow is set for an early July premiere in theaters and on Disney+, over a year late due to (waves arm expansively) all that. In terms of timeline, it’s right around the time of Civil War. Shang Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings (Simu Liu in the title role, Tony Leung as the real Mandarin) is coming Sept. 3. Eternals is set for Nov. 5, bumped from February.

Spider-Man: No Way Home is heading your way around Christmas.

Live-action riff of Into The Spider-Verse, sounds like.

Also about that time, Hawkeye featuring Lucky the Pizza Dog and Ms. Marvel are set to drop on Disney+.

Morbius comes from Sony in February, and it’s the first non-Spidey Sony movie to be directly tied to the MCU.

Sam Raimi directed Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, coming late March 2021. It ties to both WandaVision and No Way Home.

Thor: Love and Thunder (May 2022) will see the return of Chris Hemsworth as Thor, and also

the return of Natalie Portman as Thor.

Yes, I said that.

And it will have bonus appearances by the Guardians of the Galaxy, whose holiday special is coming in 2022. I think.

Black Panther 2 is still on track for July 2022, and there’s a Wakanda series for Disney+ coming at some point after that. There’s an “untitled Marvel movie” still on the October 2022 release calendar, but the animated sequel to Into the Spider-Verse is scheduled for an Oct. 7, 2022, release and Captain Marvel 2 is coming a month after that. But now there’s a new Captain America movie to shoehorn in, and this might be the spot.

I don’t know when She-hulk is set for on Disney+ in 2022, but it looks like we’ll get more confirmation that Edward Norton’s Banner and Mark Ruffalo’s Banner are the same Banner. Moon Knight, Ironheart and Armor Wars (the War Machine series) are all set for 2022 on Disney+.

Expected MCU movies in 2023: Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Fantastic Four (also set up by WandaVision, I think), Blade (meh, vampires, blah, whatever) the next (last?) Ant-Man and the Wasp installment … and

Deadpool 3.

Yes, I said that.

And there are hints that the main villain in the latter could be

Mr. Sinister.

Yes, I said that too.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  12. outofplace

That is a great summary of what is coming. I hadn't heard that last rumor, but it fits. I don't think it is a spoiler to mention Deadpool 3 will be in the MCU. That one has been confirmed publicly.

I like your theory regarding Secret Invasion. I hadn't thought of it, but it absolutely makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted