1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The artist who did that didn’t get permission from Jackson to use his image as the model for the Ultimate version of Nick Fury. Jackson said Marvel could make it up by letting him play Fury in a movie.

That worked out.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

This looks sick...

Neutral Corner and JRoyal like this.
  3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I am very much looking forward to Shang Chi. Honestly, I'll see Black Widow and I think it's going to be good, but with her death so far in the rearview mirror, I'm not as excited for that movie now. But definitely excited for Shang Chi and a real version of the Mandarin.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My darkhorse theory is Black Widow is an Eternal and did not actually die.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think there is a simpler cheat if they want to go that route. They could do what they did in the comics.

I think the movie is going to be more about her passing the torch to the other Black Widow.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m curious what they’re using Black Widow to set up. That other character we were talking about a second ago was supposed to debut in that movie whenever it was supposed to come out originally, then pop up in The Falcon And The Winter Soldier as sort of a “Holy shit!” moment. And I think we were supposed to have an idea of what that character is doing in the current (2023) MCU in last week’s episode from however that character ended up in Black Widow.

And I’m going to be surprised if it’s not Ultimate Marvel’s Kratos Club, or something similar to it. Yet another unexplored plot thread in Ultimate Marvel, which — as noted previously — meant well at the beginning but then went too far. They might even be pulling the GRC’s strings. But so could that other group that character is connected to. And one could be a front for the other.

JRoyal likes this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My guess was that it’s a new Captain America suit.

8. bigpern23

What a great episode, BTW.

2muchcoffeeman and Scout like this.
  9. bigpern23

I had missed the end credits scene, but watched it tonight. We are certainly not done with John Walker.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So, thoughts on "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" now that the finale has dropped? I rather enjoyed it myself, and the finale didn't even give you time to breathe; it got right into the action. Reminded me a bit of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in that there was a lot of political intrigue in it, and I also appreciated the shades of grey with the heroes and villains alike. The series really made an effort to make the viewers see the POV of each side and understand the motivations, no matter how reprehensible some of the tactics were.

Also:

We found out who the Power Broker was, although I think most of us pretty much figured out who it was going to be early on. Still, it makes for some interesting storyline possibilities going into the series next season or a future MCU movie, whichever it may be.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Sam’s reality check.

Zemo’s nod.

The statue.

Solid finish. Landing stuck.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It sets up the rest of the MCU nicely. :)

bigpern23 and Roscablo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted