1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Madden NFL 10 franchise thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Oct 14, 2009.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Bumpity bump.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

What's the plan for the draft? Should we find a time we can all be online, start over & then draft?

I'm checking out for tonight. I'll catch up with you guys later.

3. JakeandElwood

I think that's what we have to do, SS. I don't really care if we start over since I haven't had any picks made. I'll leave that up to you guys who had your first round pick made for you.

4. Ok, so I come back late Tuesday night. Wednesday-Friday night are good for me this week, any time between 7-11 Eastern. If not, I can do Saturday morning. Let me know how that works for everyone.

5. JakeandElwood

I work on all three of those days and Saturday morning is dicey. I could try and do it from work on Wednesday since I'm just doing GA stuff but I might miss a good portion of it.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Should we scrap the fantasy draft?

7. JakeandElwood

I'd be down for that.

8. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Yeah, might be best.

9. JakeandElwood

So what are the rules with trading? I know you can make it within user teams only, but I think we can work around the lack of CPU logic.

How about if you're making a trade with a CPU team you have to run it by the other 3 on this thread? If 2 of 3 veto or accept than that's the decision.

10. RecentAZgrad

I like that idea. And no trading a 84 for an 85, the 85 for an 86, the 86 for an 87, the 87 for an 88, etc., etc., etc., cheese. :)

11. JakeandElwood

I would be down for a trade limit that would prevent that from happening.

12. RecentAZgrad

Well, we could also say that if you acquire a player, you can't trade him away for a least one season, so that would take care of signing a FA and trading him.

Draft saved Draft deleted