1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Madden NFL 10 franchise thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Oct 14, 2009.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I couldn't find a way to do that. There's a general time setting, but not one for users.

I assumed it would stop whenever a user pick was up. Obviously, I shouldn't have assumed.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn't say how, but apparently you can set a time limit per round and a time limit for each person to pick. This is from an EA sports blog

Q: 54 rounds!?! Man, that sounds like it could actually take an entire weekend to finish.
    A: We’ve done some things to help you get around that. First, we give the commissioner the ability to change the time per round to draft. Once you get past the first rounds you can set the pick time to as low as 15 seconds per pick. Secondly, the CPU teams rapid fire pick. We realize nobody wants to sit around for the CPU to pick, so that takes up little to no time each pick. Finally, we actually give the Commissioner the ability to “pause” the draft at any time. This means you can pause it one day, and pick it back up at some later point to continue.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The problem is the CPU picks so fast, I don't have a chance to see when the next user pick is & pause it in time.

Argh...

4. JakeandElwood

Hm, you can't set it to like a day per user pick? Then it wouldn't matter.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I think the longest time was either 45 or 60 seconds.

6. JakeandElwood

Well that sucks. They just can't make this easy can they?

7. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

So what should we do?

8. JakeandElwood

Find a time when we're all online at the same time I guess. Any time Sunday would be fine for me.

9. RecentAZgrad

Sunday night would probably be good for me.

10. Shit, that would have been perfect, but I'm away on business Sunday-Tuesday.

11. RecentAZgrad

Ah crap. What times work for you, Persia?

12. JakeandElwood

I'm fine now.

Draft saved Draft deleted