1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running liberal vs. conservative, name-calling, cite-old-source-material thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Re: Proof that more liberals run cities than ever before....

Last time I checked, liberals weren't immune from this just because they don't believe in the war. You live in this country, pud, so serve it or shove it.

While the draft would send your ass to Canada, it would send me to the front line.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why wait for the draft?

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

3BF,

Why would I join the war effort when I'm against it? I supported W in Afghanistan. But Clinton's army did what the Russians couldn't do in a decade. When our military is used properly and for just reasons, I will support the decider. When it is used without intelligence and with no real plan for victory, I will speak against the commander in chief.

When our soldiers do not receive their just benefits, have their tour extended, are subject to a back-door draft and do not have the proper body and vehicle armor, I will speak up.

The W administration has failed at each and every level of the quagmire in Iraq. Why would anyone trust that this SURGE will work? No sir, I wouldn't send my family members to die for this debacle.

Imagine how many covert CIA operatives we could have put into the field to collect data, kill Al Qaeda operatives and squash terrorist networks if we hadn't gotten bogged down in Iraq. How much better could we have spent $400 billion, 3,300 lives and the past four years?

How many years, deaths and wasted dollars are you willing to spend?

Check the national debt. Surprise, after six years of GOP control it's nearly doubled. Less than $750 billion has been spent on the War of Terror. Where did the other $3 trillion go?

Makes you wonder ...

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I'm not the one telling people to go down and enlist.

Nice of you to give a donation, though.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

One of the few rules I live by: Never ask anyone to do something you wouldn't do, yourself.

And spare me the political crap. I, probably more than anyone else here, could care less.

6. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I learned that from the current president. He sure SUPPORTED the VIETNAM war but no one from his Alabama RESERVE unit can tell you if he reported.

Spare me the indignation 3BF. This president sent our soldiers into war without the proper resources, a truthful explanation why we were invading a country w/o link to Sept. 11 and when they came home we disgraced their sacrifice with conditions like Walter Reed.

When YAWN signs up and stops yapping about how liberals are hurting the country we love, then maybe you can look down your condescening nose at me.

This president and his keyboard warriors have put all the sacrifice on our brave soldiers. What exactly has he asked the average American to sacrifice?

1. He hasn't provided a way for us to ween ourselves off foreign oil to cut off major funding supplies for terrorists.
    2. He hasn't asked us to pay for his war. My grandchildren will still be paying off the debt this war and his reckless spending.
    3. It's too much for him to ask the millionaires and billionaires to sacrfice some tax cuts to pay for the war his administration says will take decades.

If he's not willing to ask for sacrifice, why would anyone.

But yet, I care. I care about the reserve units from my state that are being rotated back to combat w/o the year off they were promised.

I care that our vets are coming home with post-trauma stress disorders and to VA hospitals with mold. That infuriates me.

But, that's okay. I won't complain. My government tells me everything is okay and I shouldn't ask questions - tell me, is it really blissful to be ignorant?

BTW - for more than a year, I've been promoting a gradual redeployment using benchmarks of success for the Iraqi government. They must know we aren't going to be there forever.

Get back to me in a month when the GOPers in Congress vote for the benchmarks then again in October when they're calling for gradual redeployment.

7. Re: Proof that more liberals run cities than ever before....

3bags --
    Please, I beg you, care about politics before you find out why you should have.

8. three_bags_full

Here you go, bud.

[​IMG]

And, again, you can spare me the political shit, because I don't care.

Sorry, Fen, can't do it, buddy.

Out here.

9. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

If the Iraqi parliament can go on summer recess without reaching agreement on oil revenue sharing and establishing provincial elections, why should the U.S. send more soldiers to sacrifice their lives?

This is the problem of an open-ended policy. there is no motivation for Iraqis to solve their problems. We should stay to help train the Iraqi military but how long must we stay and how many lives must we sacrifice before the Iraqis take control of their country?

May 1, 2003 - Mission accomplished?!???????

[​IMG]

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

3bf - do you think all Americans should sacrifice during war time?

11. Re: Proof that more liberals run cities than ever before....

It's really a shame our president and vice president didn't believe like that. Mr. "My Father pulled strings to get me in the National Guard, and I didn't even fulfill that obligation" and Mr. "I had five deferments because I had more important things to do during that era" are the Commander-in-Chief and one step away from being Commander-in-Chief.

12. three_bags_full

No, but those who are brazen enough to challenge others to serve should either do so themselves or shut the fuck up.

Draft saved Draft deleted