1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running liberal vs. conservative, name-calling, cite-old-source-material thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 28, 2007.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Re: Proof that more liberals run cities than ever before....

I move that we make this the standing response to Yawn. It's cute enough I wouldn't care that Yawn was posting.

2. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

The U.S. Marines need devoted Americans like you Yawn. Sign up and help your country. Stop whining and walk the walk.

If not, your a keyboard coward, satisfied to let others die for a cause you seem so willing to cast scorn on the Liberals.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Lamar's got a hell of an idea, Yawn. I'm sure there's an enlistment office near your hovel with some sergeant who's desperate to make his monthly quota. Back away from the computer and head on over there.

Put your chickenhawk postings where your mouth is and sign up. Oh, and while you're at it, volunteer for Iraq duty, since it's such a noble cause to you.

Hopefully for your sake, you won't return to this country the same way a kid from a local high school I covered did last month -- in a body bag -- dying for a cause that escapes me to this day.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yawn may be 50 years old so he can't sign up.....oh, wait.

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Using the "logic" you all like to throw at anyone who doesn't share your disdain for the war, I want all of you who think not enough is being done to help New Orleans to quit your jobs, empty your bank accounts, send all your money to the New Orleanians, and move there to help.

Do it. Now.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Before you righties get back to lecturing liberals on fighting terror . . .

Annual terrorism report will show 29% rise in attacks

By the way, note the byline.

You would think that turning Iraq into a hornet's nest for terrorists, Osama bin Laden escaping at Tora Bora and remaining free, the billions of dollars missing from Iraq reconstruction, the hundreds of thousands of weapons for the security forces that are now missing and in the hands of God knows who, Iran's alleged activities inside Iraq because we saw no need to secure the border, the Taliban resuming its grip on Afghanistan and terrorist attacks worldwide reaching an all-time high would give the Republicans humility, or at least pause.

You'd be wrong.

And that's why a lot of them had their asses booted out of office in November.

7. Re: Proof that more liberals run cities than ever before....

Facts are stupid things.
    -- Ronald Reagan

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Liberals running major cities.

And in other news, the sun rose today.

9. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

[​IMG]

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Um... already made a decent-sized donation to David Toms' and Kelly Gibson's foundation set up for just this purpose. Thanks for asking.

And you???????

crickets...

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The thread title confused me... Couldn't tell if this was a good or a bad thing, except that I knew that Yawn started the thread so it would be stupid.

It just doesn't sound the same to me as "Proof that more Nazis run cities than ever before..."

Just curious. What about now inspired you to post the link, when you've had more than two years to enlighten us all with the column (which probably read better in 2005 than it does in 2007 given how things have gone in Iraq)?

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Lamar, Bird,

Don't call Yawn out for not serving if you wouldn't mind walking down the street and raising your right hand right beside him.

Draft saved Draft deleted