1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running LCS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 11, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Yankees, Phillies, and Cubs are gone... time for the real teams to get down to some baseball.

I'd love to see a Rockies-Indians World Series, just for something completely different, but I fear it will be Red Sox-D'Backs.

2. Me too, spnited, but I fear you're probably right.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm rooting for a Rockies-Red Sox series, spirited. Fuck the Indians.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah, it would be nice to see a cursed, traditional franchise win a World Series. Red Sox, White Sox, Cardinals ... Indians, you're next.

You know what, forget that. Go Rockies.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm beginning to find "Red Sox Nation" as annoying and obnoxious as Yankees fans.
    Only reason I'm rooting against what is obviously the best team.

6. I can't bring myself to root for the Red Sox, although when Beckett pitches, I'm torn. ;)

7. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

More than two weeks ago, when at least the American League Division Series appeared to be set, I told anybody who would listen that the winner of the Indians-Yankees series would win the World Series. I stand by my comments. The Indians will beat the Red Sox and the Rockies. Their pitching is just too good. The Red Sox are close, but not close enough.

(And yes, I am an Indians looser fanboy ... but I spent quite a bit of time, logic and paper breaking down the postseason.)

Whatever happens, though, please, no more sweeps.

8. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I can't root for either NL team. These two drew 15K when they faced each other for a July series. It's not the players' faults of course, I just hate bandwagon fans.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Why do you hate the Angels so much spnited?

10. I saw an AP story Tuesday that said there were still 8,000 tickets remaining for Game 1 and Game 2 in Phoenix.

Redonkulous.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If you're taking that logic, then you might want to root against the Indians, too. They ranked behind both Colorado (19th) and Arizona (20th) for total home attendance, ranking 21st in MLB. So it looks like the Red Sox are your team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted