1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 'Is your weather as crazy as mine?' thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 11, 2007.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

80 here today, which is ridiculous, since it's December. All I want to do is go home, where it's a normal winter temp. Too bad home is under ice and part of a federal disaster area. Boo.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That sucks.
    It is in the mid-30s right now, so I don't know why we had all of the dire warnings about snow/ice tonight or why we had an early deadline. But it was fun to write my basketball story in less than 15 minutes because of the early deadline.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We're supposed to have a high of 57 today, with the rain letting up. We won't see any of the white stuff until Sunday, at least according to the Weather Channel.

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Odin's beard! I just went outside. I think the temp has dropped at least 20 degrees since I came in and the wind has picked up.
    Ok...I just looked up the temps. It was 57 with 6mph winds. Not too bad. Currently it's 42 with 14-20mph winds. Wind chill is 34. Peachy!

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

In my area, we got a heap full of snow, hail, freezing rain and rain that we were not expecting this morning. Imagine waking up at 5am and seeing a blanket of snow and saying to yourself, "traffic gridlock, here we come ::)".

At least I am more hopeful that a White Christmas is more probable this year than in the last few years. :D

6. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Effin' Houston weather. Nuff said.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

It's 45 an rainy now. Real cheerful type weather.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted