1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 'Is your weather as crazy as mine?' thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Eastern Oklahoma (east of I-35) is catching a break. The same warm front that made this morning a pea-souper has moved north. It's raining like crazy still there, but at least it's rain instead of ice and they're getting a thaw.

2. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

You've probably already read about how bad things are in Oklahoma right now, and I'm here to tell you the reports are not exaggerating. The roads around Tulsa haven't been that bad, but all the ice has been accumulating on the trees and bringing down power lines left and right.

I'm 41 and can remember a lot of ice storms, nearly all of which have brought terrible road conditions, but can't remember a storm that has created this much electric mayhem.

Literally, everybody here either has no power or has a family member without it. And they're saying it could be 10 days before everybody gets it back. I'm thankful my addition and office building still have power.

At least today it's above freezing and everything falling today is rain, but there's a shitload of fog out there too. We aren't expecting to see the sun until Thursday at the earliest.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Power here is fine. But driving through the crap around here is a special kind of hell ... I think the large pickups and SUVs that seem to think continuing to exceed the speed limit - never mind that they don't have a prayer of slowing down or stopping properly should the need arise - is more distressing than anything.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Man, I feel so sorry for all of you. I just wish we could trade a little of that cold you're getting and trade it for our warmth.

It's currently in the 80's here, and I'm having to use air-conditioning.

And with the humidity, it sure doesn't feel like the 60's after the sun goes down.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It was 47 in San Antone, yesterday. It's 80, now.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on my sinuses to start with me, but luckily that hasn't happened ... yet

7. Jim Rockford

Jim Rockford Member

64 right now in my perennially spring part of the world called the Central Coast ... watch all the weather-weary Midwesterners and East Coasties head my way soon.

We did have some big waves last week. And it actually rained one day.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Mine already have here in upstate New York... just full out shitty. The last couple days I have been so out of it, I don't know which way is up.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It was 72 degrees during the day today, but we are having an early press start because it is supposed to snow/ice tonight.
    Good times.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We've had so damn much global warming here the last 10 days that my elbow is killing me from shoveling snow and chopping ice. A real nice mix of sleet, freezing rain and snow today after I finally got the driveway cleared yesterday.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Gutter trying to get into his home this afternoon:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... I bet my wife $5 tony wouldn't make a post like this. Guess I lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted