1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 'Is your weather as crazy as mine?' thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 11, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Supposedly we are getting a break from the rain...at least for tomorrow.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I went to a high school football playoff game Saturday afternoon in a polo shirt and shorts — the temperature was 75º and so humid at kickoff my seat was damp. By the time the game ended about 3 hours later, it was 50º and falling and the wind was howling out of the north.

How the hell are you supposed to dress when weather changes like that?

Fast forward to this morning. Last night about 10 p.m. it was 36º and drizzly. When I step out this morning, it is 65º and so foggy I can't see out to the street.

More rain expected for today and thunderstorms tonight, and then it's supposed to drop back into the 30s. With more rain Wednesday. It may — MAY — clear out Thursday.

I'm just glad we're not getting ice like they are up north of the river. This is the second year in a row Oklahoma has had a severe ice storm.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good friend of mine lives around OKC. Thick ice + Thunderstorms + Fog= SHIT.

Up to the north and west of OKC.......(5 hours)......we had about the same ice storm they had last year. I think ours was 1.75 of ice.....no thanks.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The plus side: We're supposed to hit 77 degrees in the ATL today. Sunny. And that's a plus 43 degree difference from the city I once lived in before I made the very sage decision to go south, semi-young man.

The negative side: Still no rain. The lack of rain here over pretty much the 2007 calendar is really astonishing. And running short on water gets to be a more real possibility with every dry day.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yes, it's gone from cold and raining like crazy in KY to a nice spring day today. No wonder I'm getting sick!

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There is an inch and a half of ice on my car this morning.

So, yeah.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yesterday was our 10th day of wintery mix in 12 days. We're supposed to get 1 to 3 more inches before noon, but I don't know if that will happen. Our warmest day in the next 7 is going to be 32. I don't think this crap is going anywhere anytime soon.

And yeah...exploding trees in mid-Missouri...literally. Trees are splitting down the middle from the amount of ice they are seeing. There's a gallery at newstribune.com if anyone wants to see that joy.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That's enough to get you ignored.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

If being buried in snow and being bitterly cold qualifies, then yes, it's crazy.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK, I've been out.

Every tree is in danger of falling over. The power guys are literally out by the side of the roads waiting for the trees to fall over and take out the lines.

It's still raining but the temp is dropping and once it gets low enough, not much is going to be happening in this part of the world.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Woke up to 3 inches of snow and it's still falling. Supposed to get another 1-2 inches before clearing out.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It's supposed to cool off a little today -- high of 79. I'm pretty sure we hit 80 yesterday. But my entire family is trapped under that enormous sheet of ice smothering the Midwest, so I feel for y'all. Hang in there, and be glad you have power, unlike most of my family the past couple of days.

Draft saved Draft deleted