1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 'Is your weather as crazy as mine?' thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It is 35 degrees out and really foggy, yet we are being pounded by thunderstorms like it is the middle of the summer.

This is the weirdest thing I've seen since the time I saw it thunder and lightning during a snowstorm last spring.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Considering half of Missouri is under a sheet of ice right now, I'm guessing some people will answer "Yes" to your question.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

We were supposed to get some of that ice last night, but we didn't. And I thank God for that. Freezing rain blows.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh, great Doc, that means the shit is headed our way.

It's been raining for the past 4 or 5 days here, and they're calling for more rain until Thursday at least. There's water standing everywhere you look and one lady called the paper after 11:30 saying everyone's house on her street had been flooded and wondered if I could do anything about it.

And it was very foggy out when I went to my game earlier tonight. I doubt it has gotten any better. The drive home in a few minutes should be fun.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Well, did you do anything about it?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I transferred her to the county editor. I'll let him handle it in the morning.

I asked her how much water was in her house and she said "not much."

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I love a good thunderstorm, but you don't often get them when you are sitting by a fire and it is balls outside.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It's short-sleeve golf weather here in NE Mississippi/NW Alabama, and will be for at least another day.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Yes. Saturday night, pea-size ice/sleet/whatever pellets were raining down (yes, painfully) while it was lightning and thundering. It was some crazy shit.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Have you ever seen something like that? Seriously, I've never seen anything like what just happened. It was bizarre.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Supposed to get 1/2 inch of ice, followed by more freezing rain/sleet followed by 2-4 inches of snow in KS.

Rained most of the late afternoon-evening........luckily, hasn't froze up yet. Temp has dropped in the last hour, and wind is beginning to kick up.

EDIT: Just finished raining for a solid 30 minutes. I swear, if it gets below 30 degrees, this place turns into a freaking ice skating rink.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so the rain beat down all the smog so you could see past the end of the block? solid. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted