1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Indianapolis 500 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Rules of Golf, May 27, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The milk is people!

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Good thing for the race that Indiana finally adopt DST. That gives them til 7-7:30 to get this wrapped up.

There's another system over Champaign, but everything is moving to the northeast. If the rain lets up in the next hour or so, there's plenty of time to get this going again.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Rain is about to end, but if the sun doesn't come out, the track is going to take at least 2 1/2 hours to dry. It's going to be very close.

It rained last time I covered the race in '97. Sorry everyone.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If they're drying it now, they should be ready to race by 6 ET.

Would love to see Patrick win it, but her car has been hit or miss all day.

Side note, anybody catch Daughtry on the pre-race entertainment? He was totally craptacular, reminiscent of Steven Tyler's hideous national anthem there a few years ago.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Anyone know what time they'd go tomorrow if they can't finish?

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

It's official now, I believe.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Thanks, I'm a little busy on a baseball game, can't watch until I get home around 10 tonight.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

How much would it suck to be Marco Andretti if this thing is over now? Two years of getting passed on the final lap to finish second.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Which is silly. It's a huge event. Come back tomorrow and finish it.

10. Bubbler

Won't be an issue. They're going to get this thing restarted. Track is drying pretty well as we speak. Given that Indy is now on EDT, and on the western edge of EDT at that (sun sets around 8:30 p.m.), they should be able to complete it barring any future precip.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Mitch Daniels has just showed up to the track to tell Hoosiers, "I told you so. Fucknuts."

12. Bubbler

My Man Mitch sucks ass except for that decision. I would love it if he rode around the track in pace car and flipped off all the afraid-of-change Hoosiers who dislike DST.

Draft saved Draft deleted